The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position below.
Position Title: PAINTER
Vacancy Number: Dar es Salaam-2020-2019
Paint applications: 25%
Applies paint to old and new surfaces using brushes, rollers, or spray. Selects the application method best suited to meet the project requirements. Applies paint to a smooth finish, free from brush and roller marks. Avoids runs, splatters, and droplets. Immediately cleans and removes all paint spills, splatters, and droplets.
Removing old paint: 15%
Removes old paint from surfaces using remover and wire brush to prepare the surface for painting. Fills nail holes, cracks, joints, or other surface blemishes with putty, plaster, or other filling compounds. Smooths surfaces using electric machines, sandpaper, wire brushes or steel wool.
Paint preparation/selection: 30%
Selects premixed paints and primers as required. Selects proper paint finish (flat, semi-gloss, high-gloss), and type (enamel, plastic oil base, water base). Prepares paint by mixing or stirring to meet project requirements. Mixes portions of pigments, dyes, oils and
thinning or drying solvents to match specified color and maintain proper paint consistency. Covers and protects all surfaces or areas not to be painted by installing drop cloths, masking tape, or any other approved method which adequately protects surfaces not to be painted, including (but not limited to) electrical switches, outlet covers, knobs and handles, floors, carpets, furniture, glass surfaces in windows and doors, kitchen appliances, and bathroom fixtures.
Removing devices in protected surfaces: 20%
Removes all devices used in surface protection and returns carpets and furniture to their original locations. When practical, reinstall
light fixture covers, switch or outlet covers, and replaces any hardware items removed during the surface preparation. Informs supervisor when technical assistance from other tradesmen is required. Safely erects, disassembles, and climbs scaffolds, work platforms and ladders as necessary to gain access to high work areas and complete painting assignments.
Tools maintenance 10%
Signs for and maintains all tools required to satisfactorily complete project including brushes, rollers, sprayers, etc. Completes a thorough clean-up of all tools and equipment at the end of each work day and upon completion of the project. Secures all tools,
equipment, and materials against theft or vandalism for projects lasting more than one day.Orders supplies and replacement parts and
performs all other related duties as assigned.
*Note: This position description in no way states or implies that these are the complete duties to be performed by incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties as necessary and requested by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two (2) years of hands-on working experience in painting is required.
- Education Requirements:
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- LANGUAGE: Good Working Knowledge level of English and Fluent level of Kiswahili is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Valid Driver’s license class B&D is required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA.
For more information, visit this link https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Secondary School Certificate
- Driver’s License
- Proof of Citizenship
- Work Permit (if not a resident)
- Other Document (additional)
- Other Document 2 (additional)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted only via email.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Tanzania.
CLOSING DATE: MARCH 24, 2020
Be cautious: Never pay for securing a job: No Real employer seeks any fee from a job-seeker at any stage of the hiring process. MABUMBE does not charge candidates for job applications or job offers. Mabumbe.com is committed to ensuring that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities. Report any employer asking Money from you.
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts!