Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit a Paramedic to join the Tembo Nickel Project Team. The paramedic will be responsible for provision of pre-hospital medical care to the workers, visitors, and residents of the project site. The candidate must be an experienced paramedic.
The successful candidate will report to the Lead-Occupational Health.
Duty Station: Tembo Nickel Project Site- Ngara.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and assistance to the OH LEAD / OHSM /HRM regarding health and medical laws and regulations and be the interface for Tembo Nickel with local medical officers.
- Conduct MEDEVAC in case of any urgent situation on site.
- Organise all medical evacuation of patients and referral to other centres per establishment of Tembo Nickel procedures.
- Provide a high standard of in-patient care to all patients requiring Emergency Room treatment.
- Manage the pre-hospital ambulance service on site including but not limited to equipment and vehicle maintenance scheduling, regulatory and corporate policy compliance.
- Work with Tembo Nickel OHS department and on-site physicians in drafting and / or reviewing policies and procedures for pre-hospital medical care of patients.
- Provide up to date pre-hospital medical training and quality control for medical providers and rescue personnel on site.
- Conduct all the first aid training to Tembo Nickel staff and ensure all the site first aid kits meet the required standard.
- Provide in-house training on emergency response to other nursing staff.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- A diploma in Nursing from a reputable Nursing College or Paramedic level training / certificate with 3-5 years in the field experience, current Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Advanced Trauma Life Support certificate.
- Registration as a Registered Nurse with valid practising license.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience.
- Experience in mining or working in remote areas is an added advantage.
- Audiometric and spirometric technique certification.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role title in the subject via email to [email protected]
Application closing date is 14th November,2022.
Note: We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities based on merit and we do not charge candidates any fees in the whole recruitment process.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply