SHORT TERM EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the following temporary vacant positions at the Dar es Salaam University College of Education (DUCE) situated at Chang’ombe, Temeke District in Dar es Salaam. Successful candidates shall be engaged on Temporary contract terms for the following job posts:
Job Title: Part time Readers/Note-takers for Students with Disabilities and Special Needs (5 Posts).
- Applicant must be a holder of Bachelor Degree in Education, Sociology, Law or Computer;
- Adequate knowledge and skills in computer applications;
- Good communication skills in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili languages;
- Ability to work with persons with disabilities and other special needs; (v) Possession of driving licence will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To read and take notes on assigned reading materials for visually impaired and deaf students;
- Fetching reading materials from the internet and library for the students;
- To guide the students with physical challenges to different parts of the College e.g. Lecture rooms and outside the College;
- To provide the students with disabilities with an accurate and full account of the information conveyed in lectures or classes and even outside the classes;
- To work in a helpful and flexible manner, maintaining confidentiality at all times; and
- To perform any other duties that may be assigned by the relevant authorities.
- Applicant must be a Tanzanian Citizen;
- Age should not exceed 45 years;
- The application should be attached with a detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates; and
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Interested applicants should submit their applications to:
The Deputy Principal (Planning, Finance and Administration)
Dar es Salaam University College of Education (DUCE)
P. O. Box 2329
DAR ES SALAAM
The deadline for submitting applications is 03rd November, 2022.