Pastry Chef (Department Head)
Manage all aspects of Lodge and Plan, organize, control and direct the work to employees responsible for preparation of sweet items, pastries, cakes, ice creams, sorbets, fruit compotes, breads, chocolates and show pieces while ensuring superior quality and consistency.
1. Coordinate the selection, training, development, and evaluation of employees and managers in the Kitchen’s bakery/pastry shop through effective management and leadership to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met; long-range strategic planning for outlet operation.
2. Assist in the planning and development of menus for the hotel; ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared through production and demonstration.
3. Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions and inventory control.
4. Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by Four Seasons, local, state, and federal regulations are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen.
5. Set up control systems which will assure quality and portion consistency and the ability to create proper purchasing specifications as well as monitor and review operating criteria and develop an awareness of the importance of food preparation and quality.
6. Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
7. Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in Impact.
8. Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
9. In order to maintain our Four Seasons service, when required, you will be expected to support your colleagues in the other operational areas.
10. Ensure you are fully familiar with the new Four Seasons Health & Safety program Lead with Care and attend all the mandatory trainings and meetings
1. Actively support the Safety Committee and the Green Committee.
2. Manage with set-up and cleaning of operational areas
3. Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
4. Assist Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef to attain the various departmental goals set by the department.
5. Drive and consistently follow HACCP / PWT hygiene standards.
Education: College degree preferably specializing in hotel/restaurant management or culinary arts, or equivalent experience is required
Experience: Two to five years previous experience in multiple culinary/food & beverage department head level specializing in pastry design and creation.
Skills and Abilities: Requires a working technical knowledge of Division as well as Four Seasons cultural and core standards, policies, and standard operating procedures. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job.
Requires the ability to operate Computer Equipment and other food & Beverage Computer systems.
Requires the ability to operate and utilize culinary production equipment and tools.
Requires Reading, Writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- Total Jobs 45 Jobs
- Location Arusha