The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent. World class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff setting and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum and natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified Tanzanians are invited to apply.
Posted by Mabumbe.
- Post Title : Petroleum Inspector – 1 Post
- Duty Station : EWURA Head Office- Dodoma
- Reports to : Senior Petroleum Inspector
Petroleum Inspector will be responsible for monitoring of technical matters of the regulated sector (Petroleum).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To participate in field inspections of petroleum products and facilities to establish conformity with standards.
- To participate in process of establishing standards for petroleum infrastructure.
- To screen all licence applications before further action.
- To extract/gather. analyse and prepare reports on the licensing performance trends in the Division.
- To assist in gathering research data related to petroleum industry during various inspection visits as directed by the Division.
- To participate in process of formulating rules and regulations for petroleum products.
- To collect and analyse relevant data on petroleum products and facilities.
- To undertake any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering majoring in Petroleum, Chemical and Process, Mechanical, Civil or Environmental Science or Petroleum Geoscience.
- Where the candidate is an Engineer, must be registered with Engineering Registration Board (ERB).
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application.
No prior work experience is required but possession of working experience in the relevant field shall be an added advantage.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self-manage. achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Tenure and Remuneration
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Mode of Application
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates and transcripts (certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU). Birth certificate, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under mentioned by 09th August ,2019.
Only short-listed candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage. Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority
4th Floor, LAPF House Makole Road,
P O Box 2857, DODOMA