The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST) an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, has completed a major expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam. This expansion aims at enhancing the Hospital’s facilities, technology and capacity which will allow it to become the leading provider of high-quality medical care focusing on tertiary medicine, reversing the flow of medical tourism and enhancing its capacity to deliver high quality health sciences education.
The Hospital’s recent expansion focused on expanding key clinical services including the development of comprehensive cardiology, oncology and neurosciences programmes as well as the expansion of orthopedics and trauma, diagnostic imaging, pathology, critical care, and women and child health.
The Hospital is ISO 9001 certified and Joint Commission International Accredited which is a testimony to the provision of the highest level of quality and patient safety that compares with the best hospitals in the world. The Hospital is also a teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers postgraduate medical education programs leading to Master’s of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Surgery. The Aga Khan Hospital is also an accredited internship site and accepts 60 interns annually.
As part of its integrated health systems approach, the Hospital has also established 23 outreach health facilities that are located across 11 regions of Tanzania strengthening the continuum of care from primary to tertiary medicine. As part of this approach, in the first phase, a 22 bed Hospital is being established in Mwanza which along with 4 outreach health facilities will form the Aga Khan Health Services Mwanza cluster.
We are therefore seeking enthusiastic and qualified experienced personnel for the following positions for The Aga Khan Hospital Mwanza:
PHARMACIST – (1 POSITION)
- Verify billing, filling and dispensing of drugs to in and out patients are done in the right, orderly and timely manner.
- Answer drug information queries from doctors, junior staffs and patients.
- Identify, intervene and correct medication errors.
- Train and educate juniors on current good pharmacy practices and hospital policies
- Takes inventory of prescription and over-the-counter medications and other pharmaceutical products and records results and check of expiry dates on medicines.
- Responds to patients’ questions about medications as well as communicating with prescribers about patients and medications
- Independently profile and process Oncology CPOE
- Admixture sterile products under aseptic techniques
- Prepare store indents and to ensure drugs availability & storage in the pharmacy
- Any other roles assigned by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy from recognized University
- Training on Sterile & Chemotherapy admixture will be an added advantage
- Maintain licensure in good standing as a Registered Pharmacist in the United Republic of Tanzania
- Certificate of Full Registration with the Pharmacy Council of Tanzania.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience working in hospital setting
- Knowledge and Understanding of drugs regulation
- Experience in preparation of medications for administration to patients: analyzing drug therapies regarding patient condition, disease state and concomitant therapies and making appropriate drug related recommendations to medical, nursing and other staff members.
- Be familiar and experienced with JCIA and ISO in terms of application and utilization.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: [email protected]
WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. O. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON 24th FEBRUARY, 2020.