The Tanzania Red Cross Society is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by an Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 amended by Parliament of Tanzania 2019. It is mandated to play specific voluntary humanitarian roles during disasters/emergencies, and peacetime as an auxiliary organ to the public authorities. Tanzania Red Cross Society was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963. The TRCS Headquarters office are located in Dar es Salaam.
TRCS is the largest and most dependable local partner in delivering humanitarian services in Tanzania. The TRCS has an active network in all regions in Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Around 40% are women of more than 35,000 active volunteers. Most importantly, because of its credibility, Tanzania Red Cross Society receives supports from a broad range of partners including the IFRC, the ICRC, the American Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red CrossFlanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the China Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Other partners are UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP and UNFPA, the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM, PACT and Pathfinder International
|JOB TITLE||:||PHARMACIST (1 POST)|
|Reports to||:||Health Coordinator|
|Duty Station||:||Nyarugusu Refugees Camp (Kigoma, Kasulu DC)|
|Not above 45Years.
- Keep drug records
- Issue medicine and medical supplies to patients
- Ensure proper use of medicine
- Compound drugs for hospital use
- Report adverse drug reaction
- A Secretary to the Hospital Therapeutic Committee
- Identify annual medical equipment and medicine requirement and prepare budget for it
- Verify drug quality, safety and effectiveness
- Request, store and distribute medical supplies
- Perform scientific research and use the findings to improve dispensing and use at the hospital
- To perform any other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
- Holder of Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy from a recognized institution
- Successful completion of one-year internship
- Registered by Tanzania Pharmacy Council
- Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point
- A minimum of two (2) years working experience
MODE OF APPLICATION
If you meet the criteria given above and are interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter, updated CV and certificates combined as one PDF to Secretary General, Tanzania Red Cross Society, P. O. Box 1133, Dar Es Salaam by filling the following online online form – https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/5uwKuYZ2 (Copy this link and paste on your browser). Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted
When filling the form clearly mention the job position that you are applying for as it appears in this advertisement. Your application must be received by 16.00 hours of 4th September 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Tanzania Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and therefore qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.
- Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) does not CHARGE A FEE at any stage of the recruitment process and selection process. TRCS also uses our official email an with extension of (@trcs.or.tz) not Gmail, Yahoo or any other email.
- All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to TRCS – HR Department through the Official Email: [email protected].
- Total Jobs 108 Jobs
- Location Arusha