The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position below.
Position Title: PHS – HIV CARE AND SUPPORT
Vacancy Number: Dar es Salaam-2020-2014
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (65%)
Develops agency specific program goals and objectives for HIV/AIDS care and support initiatives by preparing memoranda, policy statements and proposals to introduce the new initiatives.
Provides leadership, updates and direct technical assistance to WRAIR/ DOD IP’s and Ministry of Health (MOH)OHCDGEC on Opportunistic Infections (OI), including TB/HIV, Clinical GBV, PHDP, Cervical Cancer program activities, Family Planning, and Quality Improvement initiatives (CQI); in consistence with strategic objectives of the PEPFAR.
Works closely with senior and mid-level host government ministry officials, international and non-governmental organizations and the PEPFAR Interagency teams to monitor implementation and ensure that the specific objectives and targets of HIV/AIDS Care and Support are achieved and/or remedial activities are instituted.
Provides public health technical aspects in development of the scope of work for proposals that result in a grant, contract and/or cooperative agreements for care and support programs. S/he also oversees the performance of the award once in place to ensure efficient program implementation as per approved plans.
Monitors implementation of activities and collaborates with each partner organization on a regular basis to ensure program results are achieved and all care and support programmatic activities and study protocols meet human subject requirements and pass through ethical review with the appropriate authorities.
Prepares regular reports to the ADP, PEPFAR inter-agency technical team, clinical strategic result unit and other interested parties.
Provides practical on-the-job training for various target audiences on how to implement, monitor and evaluate HIV/AIDS Care and Support programs, use of data and reports.
INTERAGENCY COORDINATION (25%)
Represents WRAIR/DOD Tanzania at technical, policy and strategic planning meetings, including meetings with collaborators and donor agencies.
Briefs senior agency officials, PEPFAR country team and interested officials of the other USG agencies as appropriate on the results of such meetings and prepares written reports for submission to other interested partners.
Serves as member of inter-agency technical team to ensure effective coordination of workplan development, projects implementation strategies and evaluation plans for all USG agency C&S activities in Tanzania
Participates with other PEPFAR professionals on Ministry of Health in-country committees for HIV/AIDS C&S issues
ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT (10%)
Provides oversight and monitoring of the budgets allocated to care and support implementing/cooperative agreement partners to
ensure alignment with approved work plans.
Maintains files and records in the data collectionn tools specific to the care and support activities/programs.
The incumbent in collaboration with WRAIR team members will assist the WRAIR Country Director on visits preparation and briefings for congressional and executive delegations, industry leaders and other high level visitors. Will occasionally serve as control officer for site visits for agency and inter-agency PEPFAR senior-level officials.
Note: This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Five years of experience in organizing and implementing HIV/AIDS care, treatment and support program at a public/private hospital setting or Non Governmental Organisation (NGO) level is required.
- Education Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Medicine is required.
- LANGUAGE: Fluent – speaking/reading/writing) in English is required.
Fluent – speaking/reading/writing) in Swahili is required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA.
For more information, visit this link https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
- Required Documents:
- In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Bachelor Degree in Medicine
- Proof of Citizenship (Birth certificate is not proof of citizenship)
- Work Permit (if not a resident of Tanzania)
- Other Document (if any)
- Other Document 2 (if any)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted only via email.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Tanzania.
CLOSING DATE: MARCH 24, 2020
Be cautious: Never pay for securing a job: No Real employer seeks any fee from a job-seeker at any stage of the hiring process. MABUMBE does not charge candidates for job applications or job offers. Mabumbe.com is committed to ensuring that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities. Report any employer asking Money from you.
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts!