U.S. MISSION DAR ES SALAAM
The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the positions below.
Position Title: PHS – Monitoring and Evaluation – WRAIR
Vacancy Number: DaresSalaam-2020-011
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE 50%
Provides regular M&E technical assistance to WRAIR Implementing Partners (IP) by analysing the weekly and monthly site level data, preparation of summarised reports and providing feedback to IP Strategic Information (SI) teams. The analysis translates the status of the program performance/achievement to measure the impact of the program in relation to the set PEPFAR targets and standards.
Assists M&E Advisor to share PEPFAR MER guidances and timelines to WRAIR IP’s to ensure completeness, accuracy, quality and timely submission of annual, semi-annual and quarterly MER reports.
Document achievements against the targets through regular analysis of MER data to inform progress towards timely implementation of WRAIR supported programs.
Assists M&E Advisor to build the capacity of program staffs and partners in M&E techniques and tools, data management and analysis. This is important for accurate data interpretation and timely decision making.
Works with M&E Advisor to organize and coordinate the dissemination of WRAIR programs results to PEPFAR Tanzania Interagency Team and other stakeholders.
Participates in PEPFAR Tanzania Interagency Strategic Information related activities including serving as a member in the Program Oversight and Accountability (POA) team to ensure updates are timely received and transmitted to IP’s.
The incumbent represents WRAIR in the Ministry of Health (MOH) Strategic Information meetings on an as needed basis. This is important to maintain the relationship with the host government authorities and ensure compliance to national guidelines and policies.
DATA SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT 50%
Supports the M&E Advisor to manage MER data through Data Quality Review Tools (DQRT) and information systems management (DHIS2 and DATIM) to ensure adherence to PEPFAR standards.
The incumbent works with M&E Advisor to conduct periodic Data Quality Assessments (DQA) and verifications for WRAIR programs in the Southern Highlands Zone and the Military program to ensure credibility of program data as reported in the data systems .
Supports the WRAIR HIV/AIDS Quality Improvement (QI) Advisor on preparing and conducting QA/QI and SIMS to ensure provision of optimum quality of services in the supported sites.
Note: This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: At least five years of proven Monitoring and Evaluation experience working with HIV/AIDS health related data in PEPFAR funded programs or USG-funded project is required.
- Education Requirements:
- Masters Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation is required.
- LANGUAGE: Level IV (fluency – speaking/reading/writing) in English is required. Level IV (fluency – speaking/reading/writing) in Swahili is required. (this may be tested)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA.
For more information, visit this link https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Masters degree certificate
- Proof of Citizenship
- Work Permit (if not a TZ citizen)
- Other (if any)
- Other 2 (if any)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted only via email.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Tanzania.
CLOSING DATE: March 09, 2020
Be cautious: Never pay for securing a job: No Real employer seeks any fee from a job-seeker at any stage of the hiring process. MABUMBE does not charge candidates for job applications or job offers. Mabumbe.com is committed to ensuring that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities. Report any employer asking Money from you.
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts!