The Mtwara Urban Water and Sanitation Authority (MTUWASA) is a legally established entity responsible for overall operations and management of water supply and sanitation services in Mtwara Municipality. The core function of the Authority is to deliver excellent water supply and sanitation services for all categories of customers and stakeholders in Mtwara Municipality. In order to attain its vision and mission, MTUWASA is seeking to recruit a dynamic, experienced, competent and qualified Tanzanian to fill the following vacant post:
Position: Planning and Construction Engineer Grade I – (1 Post)
Reports to:Technical Manager
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Holder of a Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized Institution.
- Must be registered with Engineers Registration Board ofTanzania (ERB).
- Computer literacy
- Working experience in similar position is an added advantage
- Age limit-not above 45 years of age.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out preliminary investigation of water works for construction of systems for future development.
- Supervising appropriate surveys, prepare drawings of existing and design of proposed water works, structures and buildings.
- Preparing bill of quantity (BOQ) and estimates for water supply works and building works.
- Planning, monitoring and supervising all design and construction works under the Authority.
- Preparing technical progressive reports weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually.
- Planning and preparing project write up.
Mode of application:
- All applicants must be Citizen ofTanzania and not above 45 years old.
- Applicants must attach an up – to – date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact, postal address and email and telephone numbers.
- Applicants employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
- Applicants must attach their detail relevant certified copies of academic certificates (Diploma/CbET Certificates/Trade Test Certificate, Form IV and Form VI National Certificates, Computer Certificate, Professional certificates from respective boards).
- Form IV and Form VI Results Slips are strictly not accepted.
- Testimonials, partial transcripts and result slips will not be accepted.”
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- The attachments shall include one recent passport size photos; certified copies of academic certificates and applicant’s birth certificate.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies, Colleges or Universities should be verified by NECTA, NACTE orTCU.
- Women who have required qualifications are highly encouraged to apply.
- Only applicants who meet required qualifications will be contacted and considered for an Interview.
Applications should be addressed to the undersigned as registered mails by postal office, EMS, so as to reach the undersigned not later than 04th November, 2019 at 17:00.
MTWARA URBAN WATER SUPPLY & SANITATION AUTHORITY
P.O. Box 141,