MOGAS is a leading integrated downstream oil marketing company in East & Central Africa, with business operations spanning from International oil trading to marine and inland terminals, retail networks and lubricant services. MOGAS operations stretch from Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Kenya, and Democratic Republic of Congo and beyond.
MOGAS Tanzania Limited is now seeking to recruit suitable qualified and competent candidates, to fill the following vacant positions. The duty station will be in Tanga, Tanzania. The said positions are expected to start as soon as possible.
POSITION: PLANT CHEMIST
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or Laboratory Technology.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in a multinational company in supervisor position in a chemical laboratory
KEY ROLES & DUTIES
- Plans direct activities of chemical laboratory for the plant.
- Ensure lubricant batches blended meet set specifications achieved through adherence to formulations ensuring analysis and testing of samples.
- Coordinates activities to ensure compliance to ISO, OSHA, TBS and applicable local/international requirements.
- Reviews testing, quality control, and other operational reports to make sure that quality standards are met.
- Ensure processes are controlled using statistical methods e.g use of capability studies i.e CPK and PPK
- Interprets results of laboratory activities to management and prepares reports.
- Prepare laboratory budgets to ensure adequate running of the lab.
- Sorts process deficiencies using scientific approaches and comes up with corrective actions plan (CAP)
- Coordinate studies/ research for lubricant mixing processes.
- Coordinates proficiency testing with other laboratories.
- Coordinates recording keeping activities in the laboratory.
- Maintains laboratory equipment in good working conditions through routine calibration and verification programs.
- Other work duties may be described based on the business/industry needs from line supervisor
Applications from suitable qualified candidates should be submitted not later than Saturday 31st March 2019 to;
The HR & Legal Business Partner
MOGAS Tanzania Limited,
Plot No 310/3 Bandari Road,Kurasini
P. O. Box 70284,
Dar es salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected]