Baladin Zanzibar LTD, is an upcoming hotel located in Zanzibar, Michamvi – Pingwe Beach. With a stunning sea view, the hotel offers 12 rooms (8 bungalows and 4 rooms in the main house) accommodating up to 44 people. The hotel also hold a restaurant that has a seating capacity of 60 people at once and 3 main bars.
Baladin Zanzibar Beach Hotel & Restaurant is part of the Baladin group from Italy, the main core business of which is beer making and restaurant operations. With 15 outlets in Italy and another hotel in Morocco, creativity and launching new concepts are the basis of Baladin’s success. The company encourages its employees to be expressive. “Ideas are energy in motion, creativity which needs expressing. Exchanging views, making suggestions: this is how Baladin works.”
Scope and Responsibilities
Baladin Zanzibar Beach Hotel & Restaurant is looking for a full-time, plumber to efficiently undertake a variety of plumbing tasks ranging from fixing leakages to installing pipes and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems.
The scope of the plumber will include but not be limited to:
• Reading blueprints and drawings to understand or plan the layout of plumbing, waste disposal and water supply systems
• Cutting, assemble and install pipes and tubes with attention to existing infrastructure (e.g. electrical wiring)
• Installing and maintaining water supply systems within hotel and pool
• Locating and repairing issues with water supply lines (e.g. leaks)
• Repairing or replacing broken drainage lines, clogged drains, faucets etc.
• Repairing hotel appliances (e.g. washing machines) and fixtures (e.g. sinks) etc.
• Installing and maintaining gas and liquid heating systems (air-conditioning units, radiators etc.)
• Installing waste disposal and sanitary systems with well-functioning drain waste vent systems
• Troubleshooting basic filter malfunctions and chemical imbalances in the pool
• Performing major maintenance work within the hotels water systems
• English language proficiency
• 1 year plumbing experience
• Previous experience with electrical works
• Working knowledge of heating and ventilation systems as well as appliances
• Technical and mechanical knowledge
• Highly responsible & reliable
Skills and Attributes
• Observational skills
• Strong listening and communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Problem solving and resolution
• Team builder
• Customer focus
• Your CV
• Cover letter
• Soft copy of degree/qualifications
• At least two reference letters
To Miss. Laura Minde, [email protected]