The Embassy of Sweden in Dar es Salaam represents the Swedish Government in Tanzania through political dialogue, development cooperation and promotion of trade. The Embassy is also covering Burundi and the East African Community. In total the Embassy employs almost 40 staff members.
We would like to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Political Affairs, Promotion and Communication Officer. The position is temporary, available from 1st February to 1st August 2023 with a limited possibility for an extension. The job holder will report to the Head of Section for Political Affairs, Trade and Promotion and will join a team of 3 people.
POLITICAL AFFAIRS, PROMOTION & COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
Duties and responsibilities:
The role involves analysing political and economic developments in Tanzania and the East African Community (EAC), as well as organising events to promote Sweden and Swedish interests in Tanzania, actively contributing to the Embassy’s public diplomacy, including external communication in English and Kiswahili. Specifically, the officer will be responsible for:
- Following, analysing and reporting on political and economic developments.
- Maintaining an excellent network among political, media and civil society actors as well as the private sector.
- Planning and execution of external activities (i.e. seminars, conferences, receptions etc.).
- Assisting with information and contacts to support strengthened trade relations between Sweden and Tanzania including support to Swedish affiliated businesses in Tanzania.
- Following social media trends and proactively providing input to the Embassy’s communication work.
- Supporting the Embassy’s communication in English and Kiswahili.
- Supporting other functions at the Embassy as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in political science, economics, journalism or relevant field.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Minimum 5 years relevant professional work experience (e.g. international organisation, diplomatic mission etc.)
- Experience from working with promotion events.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, be creative, show initiative, meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Strong social and communication skills (we are a small team that works closely together).
- Proven ability to write qualified texts used for reporting and/or external communication (you are welcome to submit examples of your work).
How to Apply:
Please ensure that you mention www.mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.
If you are interested in this exciting career opportunity, e-mail us one attachment having your CV (maximum 5 pages) and one page application letter explaining your suitability for the job. Please, do not include your certificates. Write “PAPO” in your e-mail subject line. The deadline is on 30th November 2022.
Executive Search and Selection Division
Prospect Africa Limited
e-mail: [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Expatriates with valid work permits or who demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit will be considered. The embassy does not sponsor visas/work permits.
We regret the vacancy is not ideal for fresh graduates.