PRESS AND COMMUNICATION OFFICER
EMBASSY OF FRANCE IN TANZANIA
Place of work: French Embassy in Tanzania – 7 Ali Hassan Mwinyi Road – DAR ES SALAAM
Job Title: Press and Communication Officer
Reporting Line: The recruited person will report directly to The First Counselor of the French Embassy.
Composition of the working team: Expatriate agents and Local Engaged Staff (LES)
Date of commencement: January 2, 2023
At least a Bachelor’s degree or Advance Diploma in Journalism, Mass Communications or related field. Must possess a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in a communications role
Proficiency in writing, reading, speaking Swahili, French and English.
Information Technology skills:
Knowledge of Information Technology (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), ease in crafting an effective social media contents in multiple platforms.
a/ Prepare a daily Press Review
– Follow-up of latest developments of news on the ground in English and Swahili media – Follow-up of audiovisual and social media platforms
b/ Organize and coordinate Embassy events in close cooperation with media:
– maintain an updated directory of Tanzanian journalists and government authorities
– contacting reliable media and organize their participation in press conferences, interviews and follow the coverage – prepare regular press evaluation reports of current affairs
– writing press releases in French, English and Swahili
– translating official documents: French to Swahili or French to English or English to Swahili
– Proof-reading documents intended for media, and, if necessary, rewriting the news story – monitoring of the budget allocated to the Press Department activities
a/ managing the embassy’s communication platforms – animation of the social networks of the embassy
– update of the Embassy’s Website
b/ Be a content hub that feeds social networks:
– Content creation
– Create and execute a communication plan for Embassy departments
The list of activities above is indicative and may change according to needs.
The successful candidate must be able to integrate new tasks related to his job.
Problem solver, organizational and planning skills
Personal qualities / qualities observed in professional situation
Can handle multitask, works well under pressure in a busy environment Attention to detail
Able to work in a culturally diversified environment
Excellency communication skills
Be independent and initiative taker
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 2, 2023
DURATION OF EMPLOYMENT: Fixed-term contract of 12 months, after a trial period of 4 months.
REMUNERATION: Average salaries of locally engaged staff of embassies accredited to Tanzania
Contact : [email protected]