The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, world class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff setting and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum and natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified Tanzanians are invited to apply.
Post Title: Principal Commercial Officer – Petroleum – 1post
Duty Station: EWURA Head Office
Reports to: Commercial Manager – Petroleum
Principal Commercial Officer will be responsible for a day to day monitoring of pertoleum products supply and prices, d) Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide assistance in the computation of petroleum products’ prices in accordance with authentic local and Cost Insurance and Freight (CIF) costs through monthly/regular monitoring of refined petroleum products’ prices at the w’orld market level as well as collection and analysis of technical data from involved parties.
- To review- and analyse all reports submitted/prepared by the Senior Commercial Officer on the petroleum products supply status in the country’, identify any issues and update the Commercial Manager accordingly.
- On quarterly basis reconcile movement of all key petroleum products imported through BPS and submit the report to Commercial Manager Petroleum (CMP) for his/her review.
- On quarterly basis compute Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) market shares and share the report with CMP for further action.
- On monthly basis participate in the tender opening meeting at Petroleum Bulk Procurement Agency (PBPA) to witness the integrity of tender award to various winning suppliers.
- To maintain an updated key contacts of suppliers/service providers and stakeholders in the downstream petroleum industry.
- To review the performance and implementation of Bulk Procurement System (BPS) on monthly basis and provide findings to CMP for further discussion with PBPA.
- To conduct various special audits related to petroleum products movements m the country as a w’ay of identifying any inappropriate practice.
- To closely work with Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in implementation and maintenance of the National Petroleum Information System (NPIS/NPGIS).
- To supervise computation and preparation of bills for EWURA levy on petroleum products imported and blended in the country’.
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned by superiors from time to time.
Minimum Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience;
- Possession of University Degree in Engineering majoring in (Petroleum, Chemical and Process, Mechanical), Petroleum Geoscience or Commerce from a recognized University’.
- Possession of master’s degree in engineering, MSc. Finance or master’s in business administration in Marketing or Finance.
- Where the candidate is an Engineer, must be registered with Engineering Registration Board (ERB).
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application especially in ICT data analysis.
- Possession of not less than six (6) years experience working in the petroleum industry’.
Mode of Application
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates and transcripts (certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU), Birth certificate, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 15 November 2018.
Only short-listed candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may w’ork to the candidate’s disadvantage. Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)
4th Floor, LAPF House Makole Road,
P O Box 2857, DODOMA