The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, multi-sector regulatory authority responsible for technical and economic regulation of the Electricity, Petroleum, Natural gas; and Water sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified Tanzanians are invited to apply.
Post Title: Principal Petroleum Quality Officer
Duty Station EWURA Head Office – Dodoma
Reports to Technical Manager – Petroleum
Principal Petroleum Quality Officer will be responsible for ensuring the quality of the petroleum products within Mainland Tanzania to ensure conformity with standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop the quality assurance process and procedure for petroleum products with regard to sampling, testing, analysis, interpretation and results communication or reporting.
- To supervise all petroleum products quality assurance activities in co-operation with petroleum inspectors
- To identify, assess and recommend appropriate testing method and related equipment
- To ensure that all laboratory activities relating to petroleum products are carried out in efficient and effective manner and according to well established standards.
- To assess performance of all contractors recruited/contracted to provide quality assurance services in the petroleum Division and report to the Technical Manager.
- To develop relationship with other government institutions involved in the quality assurance activities so as to have some leverage in undertaking the tasks.
- To review and certify laboratory results and samples.
- To endorse all bills or invoices submitted by the quality assurance service providers before further payment process.
- To effectively supervise and guide members of staff reporting to the job position.
- To undertake any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience.
- Possession of University Degree in Chemistry, Science, Engineering in Chemical and Process or Laboratory Technology.
- Possession of master’s degree qualification in relevant fields.
- If is an engineer, registration by an Engineering Registration Board (ERB) as professional engineer is a must.
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application.
- Possession of at least six (6) years’ work experience in the relevant field.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Tenure and Remuneration
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Mode of Application
- Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 28th December 2018.
- Those with certificates from the overseas universities, the same MUST be verified by Tanzania Commission for University (TCU).
- Only short-listed candidate meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage.
- Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)
4th Floor, LAPF House Makole Road
P.0 Box 2857, Dodoma, Tanzania.