CONTEXT AND PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The incumbent’s role is to directly monitor and manage various task being undertaken in the process plant. This includes working with various key members on the plant engineering section to develop goals, objective and aims of the process plant. With these at hand, the plant engineering supervisor works judiciously in line with organizational goals to give other team members direction on areas to focus on.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & AUTHORITIES OF THE ROLE
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Shanta Mining HSE requirements.
- Plant Engineering Supervisor should be able to assist engineering artisans in conducting routine maintenance activities and breakdowns.
- Conduct basic routine tasks as delegated to them by the artisans or the supervisor. Must be able to communicate and give feedback to the supervisor or other workmates.
- Ensure sufficient task analysis is completed to carry work out safely. Always adhere to Shanta Gold occupational health and safety guidelines.
- Follow Shanta policy and perform routine maintenance on domain and equipment as required
- Compliance to maintenance schedule, Quality, and standard of work
- Compliance to the asset Reliability plan
- Participation in weekly departmental meeting.
- Clear task assignment through asking questions to confirm understanding & agreement provide task feedback on daily basis.
- Promote staff cohesion and morale
- Demonstrate a high level of work and resource planning by ensuring resource available to perform work
- Perform any other task assigned by superior.
REQUIRED SKILLED KNOWLEDGE Education Requirements
- Secondary School Certificate / Vocational Training/ Apprenticeship in a related field
- Minimum Qualification: Trade Test qualified Grade I or FTC
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in MS Office.
- Capable of delegating multiple tasks.
- Communication and leadership skills.
- Minimum 5 mining industry experience
- Must have experience in the maintenance of industrial production / processing equipment.
- 8 years working experience in Mechanical Fitter Field
Must have knowledge of:
- Be able to demonstrate capability to actively participate in risk assessments.
- Work knowledge of the workplace, equipment hierarchy and process structure.
- Problem-solving skills
- Computer literate / electronic diagnostic tools and systems
- Good written and verbal English language skills are essential.
- Able to carry out field level risk assessments.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Please ensure that you mention www.mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes, certificates and application cover letters addressed to the below (indicating the position title in the subject) via E -Mail: [email protected]
Human Resources Director
Shanta Mining Company Limited
P.O. Box 79408
The deadline for submitting the application is 2 November 2022.