Natural Extracts Industries Ltd (NEI) is pioneering the sustainable, natural flavour manufacturing industry in Tanzania.
PROCUREMENT AND LOGISTICS OFFICER
Natural Extracts Industries Ltd (NEI) is pioneering the sustainable, natural flavour manufacturing industry in Tanzania for global export, starting with vanilla and other flavour extracts. The company works in all areas from cultivation, to post-harvest processing, value-add manufacturing and international sales and marketing. The smallholder outgrower network currently integrates over 6,000 vanilla farmers from Kilimanjaro, Arusha, Morogoro, Mbeya and Kagera regions and through this sourcing model NEI aims to deliver a long term socioeconomic impact by doubling annual income per smallholder household.
- Ensuring that resources and materials are in place to fulfil daily production plans.
- Ensure smooth order to delivery process, this includes but not limited to obtaining the needed exports papers like phytosanitary certificates, certificate of origin, radiation certificate, insurance etc.
- Maintain good relationship with couriers ie. DHL, TAHA Fresh and SUVACOR.
- Liaising and coordinating production with other departments/customer logistics
- Researching, evaluating and verifying prospective suppliers as per company FSSC
- Perform monthly stock count and produce a report.
- Handle all of the transactional procurement by adhering to the company policy and procedures.
- Control of consumable store and making sure replenishment is done timely and share evaluative reports of the consumption.
- Assisting in dispatching orders and samples to the customers by making sure the mistake proof is properly filled and all documents are available.
- Furthering the company mission: to become a leading African manufacturer of premium natural flavour products for the home baking and commercial kitchen markets, while providing sustainable, increased income for smallholder farmers;
- Follow, without exception, all work instructions and safety rules, including the use of all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Good Health Practices (GHPs), including Occupational Safety and Health Authority (OSHA), as well as the Company’s Certification requirements ie. Organic Certification and any other Certification, Food Safety Systems Certification (FSSC 22000v5) as per the Company’s Quality Management System;
- Adhering to and instituting the company values of Integrity, Creativity, Passion, Sustainability and Inclusivity.
- Any other duties as may be required from time to time by your peers, the management
team or the Directors.
Desired Qualifications & Experience;
- Education : At least a degree in Procurement and Logistics.
- Years of Experience: At least 2 years of experience in related field.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Working knowledge of Google packages and Microsoft Office programs.
- Attention to details
- Excellent time management and task prioritization abilities.
- Ability to thrive in a fast‑paced environment.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate proficient in Swahili and English
- Ability to work independently.
Expression of Interest Application
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and CV to [email protected] by August
18th,2022. Applicants must indicate the subject line for the role applied, failure to do so will lead to disqualification.
Natural Extracts Industries is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment Seekers are advised to not entertain any requests for money / bribes from any source in the name of guaranteed interviews or placements with employers. Also don’t be tricked into paying for Psychometric Tests by Smart Scammers. In Brief Do not Pay anyone , any money to get a Job, you will simply lose your money without getting anything in return!