|Position Title:||Procurement and Logistics Officer|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
|Number of Position:||1|
|Based in Morogoro with irregular travel to other locations within Tanzania
Skills for Employment (SET) is a Swiss Development Corporation (SDC) supported programme implemented in Tanzania. It aims to enhance youth (self-employment for the Vocational Skills Development system. It supports the government and private sector stakeholders to expand access to quality training that matches the demand from both the economy and youth. The project improves relevance of labour market data for curriculum development, enhances the quality of vocational teachers through continuing professional development and provides access to tailor made practical vocational training for youth in particular for women including young mothers.
Swisscontact is currently looking for a Procurement and Logistics Officer, to be based in its offices in Morogoro.
Under the supervision of the Business Administration Manager, the Procurement and Logistics Officer will:
- Plan, coordinate and support the management of procurement and logistics process for incountry purchasing including travel logistics.
The Procurement and Logistics Officer will perform the following tasks:
- Assist and prepare Request for Approval (RFA) and obtain RFA approvals
- Support Finance and Administration that all payments are paid and cleared with required supporting documents
- Maintain and produce quarterly asset and inventory reports for the finance team
- Organize and keep records of offices maintenance
- Identify missing and damaged items and recommends for disposal
- Plan and manage the procurement process and procedure, such as Purchase Order (PO), goods and services, events, workshops, and training, acquiring quotations and bids analysis process
- Plan and prepare the timely equipment procurement in reference to the yearly plan of operation Update on procurement records as well as assets and inventory lists
- Initiate request for procurement of goods, back up responsible for receiving and inspection of non-expendable supplies, preparing receiving and Inspection reports for Swisscontact
- Receive and check procurement items based on Purchase Order against Goods Received Note and invoices
- Organize and maintain the equipment supply system
- Perform to deliver the program materials according to their requested schedule
- Coordinate with Implementation Partners for logistics tasks
- Supervises the driver and ensures that they follow Swisscontact’s procedures
- Manage the maintenance of field office’s vehicles and drivers
- Manage the vehicle logbooks and ensure vehicle utilization reports are performed
- Perform other tasks as agreed with the Business Administration Manager
Required qualifications, experience, and competencies
- At least a Diploma/bachelor in a related subject; and/or relevant work experience. Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- At least three years of relevant experience at the national level, in supply, logistics, demand planning/forecasting, contracting/contract management, and/or other directly related procurement and logistics experiences.
- Previous experience in closely working with international or national organizations in a similar role would be an advantage.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Good oral and written English skills
- Excellent ability to use Microsoft office package (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Interested candidates are invited to submit CVs with a motivation letter/cover letter in English including three (3) referees to [email protected] not later than 17:00 (EAT) on 18 July 2022. The CV and/or the cover letter must include the expected monthly gross salary expressed in TSH.
Please note that:
- Swisscontact respects gender equality and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview