- Obtain quotes for standard stock and direct purchase
- Prepare comprehensive price adjudications for standard stock and direct purchase items.
- Prepare and issue orders/amendments for standard stock items and direct
- purchase items as required.
- Send purchase orders to suppliers and obtain receipt
- Expedite outstanding quotes.
- Ensure purchasing policy and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure purchase orders and quotes are processed within the stipulated time frame.
- Clarifying purchasing requests with originators if necessary, to ensure requirements are adequately described and the correct specification are forwarded.
- Identification and implementation of business opportunities.
- Obtain savings through supplier
- Negotiations, warranties and credit facility
- Evaluate performance of all suppliers, vendors and goods delivery and make recommendations to improve processes for local purchasing process
- Review requisition for completeness and accuracy, follow up on discrepancies with the initiating department, identify available suppliers for each requisition item
- Review quality of purchased products
- Research potential Vendors
- Compare and evaluate offers from Suppliers
- Supervise all products and monitor for transport damage and return goods
- Evaluate performance of all carriers, vendors and goods delivery and make recommendations to improve processes for overseas buying process
- Expedite overdue orders to ensure timely delivery
- Obtain a delivery date to Freight Forwarder from the Supplier and recording of such on Mainpac system
- Expedite overdue orders with Suppliers and record revised delivery dates on Mainpac system
- Liaise with supplier, Freight Forwarder at country of origin as well as country of destination to ensure that all documentation required for customs issues are in order
- Obtain all documentation relevant to the container and keep on order file until container is received on site.
- Expedite container from Port of dispatch to Port of destination and record on Mainpac system
- Keep a record of all reasons for delay at Port of destination and take corrective action when required.
Relationship with Supplier and Customers:
- Communicate with end users on purchase queries and provide advice where possible.
- Resolve queries from internal and external sources
- Ensure that all purchase orders and correspondence is filed correctly.
- Communicate item description, supply and specification changes to inventory department to ensure stock catalogue is correct and up to date
- Addresses problems when possible or reports to procurement In-charge and Supply Chain
- Update tacking report as and when required
- Update records in the purchasing system
- Maintain purchasing reports and prepare purchasing statistics for Month end reporting
- Attend trade shows and exhibitions to stay up-to-date with industry trends
- Prepare weekly & Monthly reports on purchases, including cost analysis
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
- Coordinate with the clearing Agent for the purchase of Overseas goods
- Review of the Invoices submitted by the clearing Agent
- Manage all documentation for overseas purchases
- Preparation of Tender evaluation
- Provide analysis on detail cost comparison
- Prepare weekly and Monthly Purchase report and submit to Procurement In-charge
- Maintain the Health and Safety Policy as applicable to your area of responsibilities
- Carries out any reasonable task or duty of similar nature as instructed by the Procurement manager
Education and Qualifications:
- Diploma in Procurement or Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, or Logistics
- To be a member of the PSPTB will be added advantage
Requirements: 2-3 years’ experience in Procurement
- Deep understanding and professional experience with Purchasing Contracts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with an ERP/SAP is a plus
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent negotiation, customer service and consulting skills