UONGOZI Institute was established in 2010 by the Government of Tanzania to inspire and equip Tanzanian and African leaders to deliver inclusive and sustainable solutions. This is done through the provision of high-quality executive education, facilitation of policy dialogues, action-oriented research, and technical assistance for public and private institutions.
The Procurement Management Unit (PMU) implements efficient and effective procurement management systems and takes overall responsibility for the planning and execution of material management in the Institute.
Why join UONGOZI Institute?
The successful candidate will support the day-to- day operations of the Unit, reporting directly to the Procurement and Supplies Officer.
This role exposes fresh graduates to public procurement procedures and practices. The Procurement Intern will:
• Assist to prepare bidding documents.
• Assist to coordinate tender opening meetings and tender board meetings.
• Compile physical procurement records.
• Assist to coordinate the inspection of the delivered materials.
• Update stores ledger in the procurement system.
• Assist to prepare Local Purchase Orders(LPOs).
• Record supplier contracts in the internal contracts register.
• Manage records of receiving and issuing goods.
• Support stocktaking, reconciliation, and auditing assignments.
• Assist to process suppliers’ invoices for payment.
Duration and Work Schedule
The selected Intern will be provided with a three- month contract with the possibility of extension if necessary. Some assignments will require traveling.
Who are we looking for?
• Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supplies or any other similar field.
• Registered with the Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB).
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Swahili.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Internet search tools.
• Volunteer experience is preferred, although not required.
How to Apply
Join our Procurement Management Unit by applying to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Procurement Intern” by 9 June 2023, at 05:00 PM (EAT). The application should include a motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with contact details of three referees.
UONGOZI Institute is an equal opportunity employer committed to strengthening the diversity of its workforce. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.