Procurement Manager (AD# MCFBMT-2311)
To ensure efficiency, effectiveness, timely and value for money procurement of goods and services to support BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania operations while complying with the relevant policies and procedures.
• Manage annual procurement planning process and ensure smooth implementation of the same on a cost-effective manner.
• Develop, review, and ensure efficient and effective implementation of procurement policies and procedures of BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania
• Develop, review and update list of prequalified potential and credible suppliers of goods, services and works.
• Receive and review all requisitions with detailed specification and justification (where required) and arrange immediate action following procurement guidelines.
• Manage procurement process to ensure Transparency, Fairness and competitive procurement of goods and services while maintaining highest level of Integrity in all sorts of procurements in line with
procurement principles and best practices.
• Develop and maintain good relationships with vendors and service providers so as to obtain better deals and value for money in all procurement.
• Manage procurement process to ensure thorough documentation in line with the institutional policies and procedures and for audit trial.
• Identify suitable business, branch premises and work with legal department and management to negotiate and finalize leasing/tenancy agreements, ensure the building meet the construction and regulatory standards, well maintained, secure and satisfies health and occupation guidelines.
• Manage procurement of insurance services for premises, vehicles, assets, cash including monitoring performance of insurance service providers and follow up reimbursement claims for timely repayment.
• Manage procurement of security services; ensure both physical and automated security systems are effectively performing to secure workplace and safety of all assets, clients, and staff.
• Advice management on procurement, logistics and Administration matters and provide routine reports, updates and escalate all issues with potential to disrupt smooth business operations.
● Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation to
achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation.
● Act as a key source of support, guidance, and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
● Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
● Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do the same.
Holder of a bachelor’s/master’s degree in Procurement and logistics management or any related field. CIPS, and/or other procurement professional certification from reputable institution will be added advantage.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Computer Skill, project management,
• Interpersonal Skill, negotiation skills, networking skills.
• Good Team player
• Time Management.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in the field of procurement preferably in the NGO.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: CONTRACTUAL
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidate needs to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the name of the position and AD# ………………. in the subject bar. Only complete applications will be accepted and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline:23rd June 2023
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.