Stanbic Bank Tanzania Limited is a full service commercial bank which specializes m providing facilities and services to public and private sector corporations, diplomatic missions and international organizations
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Report to: Head of Finance
Division: Finance. Procurement
Job Purpose: The incumbent will be responsible to ensure that the procurement standards, policies and procedures governing all third – party spend areembedded m the legal entity and that the segregation of duties for authorising and paying third – party suppliers are maintained through appropriate and effective systems and procedures.
The roles and responsibilities of the incumbent will be as follows:
Ensure efficient and effective procurement standards, policies and procedures
- Ensure that the legal entity has sourcing strategies that ensure a reliable supply of required commodities and services at competitive prices.
- Ensure that the legal entity procurement functions are proactively supporting the Business and Finance teams with lean and efficient sourcing and vendor management processes that meet the bank’s standards tor third – party procurement and payments
- Ensure that Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) are understood and embedded in each legal entity across the Source to Pay Lifecycle
- Improve the procurement environment from a routine administrative function into one that is perceived as a value adding business partner, through:
- Improving the quality, speed and reliability of supply services
- Reducing the Total Cost of Ownership for all third – party sourced products and services.
- improve procurement capability and expertise on basic sourcing, procure to pay. and vendor management disciplines by leveraging the core competencies ard centres of excellence.
- Implement the procurement standards, policies and supply chain capabilities across the Source to Pay Lifecycle.
- Implement procurement transformation programmes (system enabling and others) as required across the end to end value chain based on the Source to Pay Capability and Maturity Framework.
- Drive the ratification of the procurement policies at the ir – country boards and embed the policies in the legal entity.
- Implement the relevant Risk and Compliance frameworks in line with policies and practices.
- Implement the Delegation of Authority Framework in the required procurement processes. implement effective processes / controls for the investigation of identified instances of non – compliance based on audits conducted
- Manage and denve cost savings for the Operational and Capital Expenditure in the legal entity
Ensure an efficient and effective leadership and staffing process
– Determine the people strategy tor the area, together with the Human Capital Business Partner for the area, with a focus on talent management, resourcing, development and retention.
- Oversee the moderation and relative distribution of performance appraisals in line with overall business performance for the area.
- Meritor the team on people management techniques and approaches Motivate team members to set the example on living the values and recognition.
- Review the overall development needs analysis. Approve training budgets and review actual spend to ensure that funds are being used.
- Review and approve succession plans for key roles in the area Support the Talent Review process and approve nominations tor the area
- Interview and hire direct reports, with support from Human Capital Support managers with their recruitment decisions on request
- Review consolidated headcount plans: reallocate resources between departments if needed.
- Approve/declme headcount within overall mandate
- Keeps abreast of local legislator and regulatory requirements
Ensure efficient and effective stakeholder engagement
- Develop relationships proactively with key external stakeholders including key suppliers to ensure Stanbic Bank receives appropriate co-operation when required.
- Build and develop relationships across the firm with various stakeholders with the intention of breaking down silos to maximise business growth.
- Hold primary relationship with clients and handle all aspects of client interaction.
- Manages the selection of suppliers in line with the bank’s policies (e g agency pitch)
Ensure accurate and quality reporting standards
- Measure and report compliance in terms of tbe relevant frameworks and report to the appropriate key stakeholders.
Adhere to a procurement best practice approach
- Ensure purchase spend analysis and audits take place with a focus on eliminating waste, non-value adding supply chain links and optimising Bank’s SLpply chain processes.
- Ensure that TCO reduction targets are met or exceeded.
- Assist wth gap analysis of existing Procurement processes and implement appropriate improvements
- Align performance metrics/measurements to orgamsational/project objectives so as to ensure the achievement of deliverables
- Reduce the percentage spend going through the non-formal procurement process (sundry purchases).
Ensure an effective and efficient contract management process
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of contracts tor all commodities under the sphere of control
- Facilitate the process of assisting suppliers* performance
- Rationalise supplier database.
- Entrench the development and management of supplier through the Service Level Agreement.
- Assist with standardisation ol products, materials and contract template
- Responsible for the recruitment, development and retention of relevant skills in order to meet the business needs.
KEY SKILLS. KNOWLEDGE. EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL COMPETENCIES
- Minimum qualification: A graduate or post-graduate qualification in Procurement Business Commerce The incumbent must be either CPS or P3PTB certified
- Approximately 5 years’ experience in a procurement and/or supply chain management role. At least 2 years should be at a senior management level.
- Procurement Knowledge: Knowledge of procurement policies and procedures and ability to procure high quality products and services for the Bank on advantageous terms
- Supplier Relationship Management: Knowledge and application of tods and methods to monitor the effective delivery ot suppliers and to gain maximum value from supplier services, fmm Technical Competency Library
- Tender Process: Knowledge and understanding of the formal processes of issuing requests for proposal for suppliers to respond to.
- Procurement Process: Knowledge ard application of the SAP vendor management modules and the supporting business processes.
- Policy Development: Understanding and application of the discipline of policy analysis, definition, writing and implementation.
- Experience In financial services would be beneficial. Experience in working in a multi-national company with a global brand would be beneficial.
- Experience in managing people.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications to be sent to: [email protected]
Stanbic Bank Tanzania Limited.
P.O.Box 72647, Dar Es Salaam.
Plot No. 99A. Corner of Kindondoni Rd/Ali Hassan Mwinyi Rd.
Closing Date: Saturday, February 29 2020.