- Receive Requests from User Departments within agreed budgets and timelines based on established vendor agreements, company policies and procedures.
- Request for Quotations, evaluate quotes, place orders, and follow up on delivery from Approved Suppliers.
- Creating and expediting Purchase Orders in line with company procedures and ensuring it is done in a timely and accurate manner
- Support and control the internal customer in the purchasing process and guide towards value for money purchasing.
- Create, implement and develop a preferred Supplier base in consideration to agreed quality is delivered, suppliers meet the agreed lead time and capacity and cost targets are achieved.
- Create, implement and follow up activities decided in the Business unit.
- Establishing effective vendor relationship and carrying out performance evaluation for key local vendors together with internal customers.
- Conduct competitive bidding/tenders with potential suppliers in close cooperation with the respective department.
- Making sure that tendering documentation is professionally maintained.
- Creating and maintaining contract documents and or service level agreements.
- Proactively researching and monitoring the market for new suppliers and products, best price and value propositions.
- Resolving issues related to vendor performance, undelivered/ damaged materials and services
- Invoice /good receipt query resolution among requisitioners, finance and suppliers.
- At least 5 – 7 years’ experience in purchasing role dealing with service related procurement and creation of contracts and service level agreements.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Supplies.
- Master Degree can be an added advantage
- Must be registered by Procurement and Suppliers Professionals & Technicians Board (PSPTB) and Professional level.
- Must be willing to relocate/ travel at any point of time in his/ her course of work
- Strive for Quality: Consistent delivery, work accuracy and completeness according to set standards.
- Great competence in SAP – ERP
- Winning attitude: Approaches challenges with confidence and optimism, takes ownership, “can do “spirit.
- Teamwork – provides personal support for other team members, appreciates diverse styles, encourage others, actively contributed, offers and seek help.
- Leadership- Service orientation and ability to work effectively in a diversified team under pressure
- Communication – Strong interpersonal skills in order to work with both technical and non- technical personnel at various levels in the organization. Skills of active listening and communication.
- Initiative- Required to carry out instructions and follow company policy.
- Planning- Required to assure deadlines are met.
- Decision making and Analytics – Negotiation skills; good understanding of purchasing and procurement processes.