Place of Work: Kibondo
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
The purpose of this job is to provide efficient and effective support to DRC Tanzania Mission in all procurement process.
- To ensure that procurement activities are carried out as per DRC Operation Handbook and DRC Dynamics system and maintain updated data record such as; Approved Supplier list, delivery follow up, procurement tracker prices list, etc…
- To ensure that DRC procurement processes are in accordance with the Operation Handbook.
- To handle the Purchase Request and ensure that the requester is well informed in the progress and any delay or unforeseen circumstances that may occur.
- To ensure that the approved Purchase orders are supplied and informed the requestors
- To ensure that the procurement tracker is extracted in DRC Dynamics and share with relevant program/department on weekly basis. Every Friday before COB.
- To share with finance and managers on weekly basis all commitment under the procurement.
- To support the supply chain department, establish a pre-qualified supplier list for Tanzania and Burundi
- To closely work with other support services departments to establish more Purchase Agreements for common goods needed for DRC operations.
- To support in establishing a price list of essential items and materials commonly procured to guide the program managers when raising the Purchase Orders and also for proposal writing.
- To carry out be-annual market survey to in order to review the procurement of goods to obtain the best value for money
- To maintain and reviewing all records of procured goods including their cost, deliveries and payment are done on time
- Monitor the supply market trends for updates information like current market price, new products and suppliers as well.
- Ensure a good handling of documentation and compliances work related to procurement are filed and kept in the good order for control and audit purposes
- To closely work with program managers and keep them informed at all time the status of their request to enable them to plan.
- To ensure that the DRC and Donors procurement procedures are comply and adhere to.
- To adhere to DRC Code of Conduct and DRC specific procurement procedures within the logistics department.
Competent and organised logistician with a minimum of 1-2 years of international NGO experience
Resource fullness and the ability to prioritise and cope with large amounts of work under pressure.
Experience in procurement and supply chain management including procurement, transport, distribution, Warehouse and stock management.
Experience in vehicle and fleet management.
Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
Fluency in written and spoken English
Commitment to and understanding of DRC’s aims, values and principles.
Experience in working closely with the Refugees in the Camp
Deadline for submission is 15 January, 2020.