Procurement Officer (Ref: C3HP/PO/12-21)
Deloitte Tanzania has been awarded a contract to implement a Comprehensive Client-Centered Health
Program HIV/TB LOC (C3HP) in Southern regions in Tanzania. This is a five year project (November 9,
2021 to September 30, 2026) funded by the American People through USAID aiming at supporting the
Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) and the President’s Office- Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) at the central level and in target Mainland regions to deliver high quality integrated HIV and TB prevention, care and treatment services that will improve health outcomes, particularly for youth and children. The program intends to increase the demand for and use of quality integrated HIV and Tuberculosis services in Iringa, Lindi, Morogoro, Mtwara, Njombe, and Ruvuma regions by improving access to quality services in both facilities and the surrounding communities, promoting positive health seeking behaviors among Tanzania’s population, and enhancing the overall policy environment for HIV & TB service delivery.
Deloitte is therefore seeking for experienced, self-motivated, a highly competent individual with exemplary ethical conduct to join the C3HP program as Procurement Officer.
Implement procurement processes in a transparent, objective, economic and efficient manner that is consistent with relevant Deloitte and USAID guidelines, policies, regulations and national legislation.
- Promote collaboration between departments in undertaking procurement activities and facilitate the smooth interplay among all elements of the procurement process.
- Prepare and/ review user requirement solicitation documents, evaluation reports, procurement performance reports and any other documentation related to organization procurement process as may be required.
- Monitor the safekeeping of all relevant tender documents submitted by bidders, evaluation reports and tender contracts for future reference.
- Initiate timely preparation and submission of responses to requested clarification with respect to tenders to ensure that bidders are consistently and sufficiently informed for preparation of responsive bids within the bidding period.
- Update the user department and management on delivery status.
- Review invoices to confirm the required supporting document are attached and submit to the Finance team.
- Keep records and reports of all procurement activities performed by the Procurement Management Unit for various functions within the program.
- Carry out checks and re-checks of vendors in the Deloitte Conflict Check System (DCCS) and the Antiterrorism check.
- Comply with Deloitte and USAID procurement guidelines, policies, regulations and national procurement legislation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement Management, Procurement and Supplies Management
- Certified Procurement and Supplies Professional (CPSP)
- A minimum of three years relevant experience
- Good knowledge of USAID financial rules and regulations
If you believe you are the right candidate for the job, submit a cover letter including your current and expected remuneration, detailed CV, copies of your academic certificates and transcripts, and three referees to [email protected]. For your application to be considered, it MUST quote the job title, reference number and your preferred region on the email subject line. Submission deadline is 10th December 2021 at 4:30 p.m. Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted.
This position is on a one-year renewable contract, subject to performance and availability of funding from the donor. The job offer is conditional to successful vetting, including professional reference checks and limited lifestyle audit.