Embassy of Sweden – Dar es Salaam
The aim of the Swedish development cooperation with Tanzania is to contribute to conditions for sustainable growth in the country and provide people living in poverty with better opportunities to support themselves by obtaining work and starting and running productive businesses. The main target groups are women, children and young people. Sweden’s development cooperation activities in Tanzania will contribute to successively reducing Tanzania’s dependence on aid, The Development Cooperation Division at the Embassy consists of about 16 officers, of which several work on Governance, Democracy and Human Rights.
We would like to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position Program Administrator for one year contract effective from June 2019. The job holder will report to the Head of Swedish Development Cooperation Division in Tanzania.
Duties and responsibilities:
The role involves administrative support and quality assurance in collaboration with the Controllers to program officers during the whole project cycle, i.e. initialization, appraisal, follow up, completion and closing of projects. Specifically, the Program Administrator provides support to program officers on follow-up of:
- Agreement conditions, quality assurance of contracts and statistics.
- Archiving, and publication of project documents on the internet
- Review of requisitions and handling of invoices
- Monthly financial follow-up,
- Participate in call-offs from framework agreements.
- Assist the Head of Development Cooperation in planning, execution and monitoring
- Follow-up visits, delegations and workshops
- Network and share knowledge and information with colleagues within his/her area of responsibility.
- Act as the focal point and coordinator of Sida International Training Programs at the Embassy.
- Fill in for Ambassador’s secretary during her absence.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Minimum 2 years of professional work expenence in administration within an NGO or international organisation working on development or project support
- Strong administrative, interpersonal communications and team working skills
- Previous experience of working in internet based office management systems & programmes
- Ability to demonstrate high level of professional integrity.
If you are interested in this exciting and career rewarding opportunity, e-mail us your CV (Maximum 6 pages) and one page application letter explaining your suitability for the job, Please, do not include your certificates, Write “Prog_Admin” in your e-mail subject line. The deadline is 29th March 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Executive Search and Selection Division
Prospect Africa Limited
P.O, BOX 75124
Dar es Salaam,
E-mail: [email protected]