Responsible to: Restricted Fund Project Manager
- Undertake day to day coordination of activities of the Programmes department and manage communication with other departments
- Manage meetings of the Programmes Department, including preparing documentation and taking minutes as necessary;
- Identify action points during meetings and follow up with the concerned parties to ensure that action is taken;
- Maintain an effective record and filing system for APBs, Project documents, contracts, project activities, correspondences, and other documents for quick and easy reference;
- Provide support in preparation and formatting of reports;
- Assist in proposal development process taking responsibility for administrative sections of proposals developed and ensuring all application requirements are met;
- Manage conference and workshop logistics by preparing draft budgets, making travel and hotel bookings, sending invitations, preparing workshop materials and arranging for per dimes and other reimbursements;
- Maintain grant reporting requirements and schedules in the Project Management System
- (PMS) and follow-up on project reports to ensure submission by due dates and;
- Help in monitoring project implementation including review of burn rates on the online management accounting system and seeking from the project teams the rationale for projects that are delayed;
- Track all projects in progress and ensure that all issues related to the projects are clarified and completed to avoid confusion and interruption during execution of projects.
- Carry out administrative duties by collecting data, sorting, filing and sending out project files to the right personnel, workers, and stakeholders.
- Keep records of all project items, and see to it that they are adequately delivered to the various departments as directed by the Head of Program Development, Management and Coordination.
- Bring to the attention of the Head of department and respective staff any issues that would negatively impact on programme implementation systematically, consistently and within reasonable time to facilitate corrective action.
- Work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation department for maintenance of Data management system
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- The post holder must have a Diploma in any of the following areas; Business Administration;
- Project Management; Communication; Health Management; Public Policy and Administration
- Proven project management and report writing skills
- At least 5 years of relevant post-qualification experience in a busy office environment, preferably in an NGO, research organization or large research program;
- Good planning, financial and organizational skills;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Experience with data management and spreadsheets.
- Excellent formatting, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated success at prioritizing and effectively managing time.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities.
- Ability to work in team environment with minimal supervision.
- Initiative and innovation in assessing situations, troubleshooting, conflict resolution and team building
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Managing complete life cycle from planning, executing, controlling to closing phases
- Demonstrated understanding of social/cultural issues
- Aptitude in common computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet browsers)
- Fluency in Swahili and English(both spoken and written)
- Ability to prioritize, direct, and complete work in a stressful environment with significant attention to detail
The application should be addressed to:
Human Resource Manager
Only shortlisted applicants will be informed by phone
Applications received later than 21 st December 2019 will not be considered.