SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant Positions.
Job title: Program Coordinator (1 post) Family Strengthening Program
Duty station: SOS Children’s Village Dar es salaam
Reporting to: Program Manager Dar es salaam
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for coordinating the implementation of the programs and its overall management:
- Leads the Programs from the Planning, implementation to exit stage of the beneficiaries.
- Establish effective Networking and Partnerships with the community, local authorities and other stakeholders.
- Establish mechanisms for and undertake ongoing monitoring & evaluation of the programs activities
- Identifying opportunities for OVC supportive partnerships within the programme area
- Prepare progress reports of the programme to be shared by the different stakeholders including the donor
- Establish partnership and networking with Government, relevant government departments on Children’s and youth affairs
- Strengthen community based structures of OVC & MVC to enable children and youth access to quality essential services
- Build and manage a strong programme team in the area of intervention.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Bachelor Degree in Community Development, Social Sciences, Social work, Sociology, Development Studies, Rural Development, and any other related field from recognized university or its equivalent.
- At least 4 years’ experience in implementing community development or OVC support programs, 2 years in the managerial position.
- Sound understanding of child rights, child development, family and community development, rights based programming and management of CBOs.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good reporting writing skills.
- Computer literate is a must.
- The candidate with high level of commitment and integrity is highly needed
To apply for this position, send your application letter by postal or email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you the right candidate for this position. Enclose ONLY detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees. Copies of academic, professional certificates and passport size photo will be submitted by only contacted candidates for the interview. This advert can be obtained on our website http://www.sos-childrensvillagestanzania.org. Closing date is two weeks after the first Advert on 16th May 2018. To apply please send to;
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
P. O. Box 80462
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Please Note: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted