CARE is a leading humanitarian organization dedicated to fighting poverty and social injustice with a special emphasis on women and girls. CARE Tanzania is part of CARE International, whose vision is to seek a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security. CARE International is a global force and a partner of choice within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We are known everywhere for our unshakable commitment to the dignity of people. CARE Tanzania and partners contribute to the empowerment of the most marginalized and vulnerable rural women and girls to exercise their rights.
CARE Tanzania seeks to recruita self-motivated, result driven, dynamic, suitably qualified, competent and dedicated Tanzanian to fill a vacant position of Program Director who will demonstrate results in decreasing poverty and social injustices through quality program implementation and development.
The Program Director (PD) is senior leadership position responsible for ensuring that CARE’s programs in Tanzania contribute to CARE’s vision, CARE Tanzania’s Wezesha strategy and Multiplying Impact Framework. The PD is expected to provide strategic leadership in the areas of program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and ensure that CARE’s programs/projects make a significant contribution to reducing poverty and social injustice. S/he must possess exceptional political acumen, diplomacy and negotiating skills to succeed in Tanzania’scomplex operating and political environment.
The PD is responsible for overseeing the implementation and refinement of program strategies based on the Wezesha strategy.The program portfolio includes development projects and initiatives within the Wezesha strategy focused on land rights, climate action, agriculture market systems, financial inclusion and economic empowerment with a focus on women and girls. CARE’s multiplying impact framework focusses on providing evidence based solutions for an equitable and inclusive national economic transformation in line with the government 2025 vision.
S/he manages a team of professionals focused on the design, funding, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and projects (including emergency programs) that effectively address the underlying causes of poverty in line with CARE’s Programming Principles. S/he must also ensure that systems and people are in place for the proper management of those projects and programs.This position supervises senior program staff and thus there is a strong importance attached to performance management and critical oversight of key support functions, creating and fostering a culture and environment for growth and mentoring. The PD is a key member of the Country Office Management Team as such, is responsible for co-leading and supporting CO initiatives. Together with the Country Director (CD), s/he is responsible for developing and maintaining good working relationships with relevant government institutions at central and decentralized levels, with donors and other partners.The PD will assist the CD in maintaining and leveraging on the acquired leading position among the NGO community to promote CARE Mandate, Mission and Values.
The position will be based in Dar es Salaam and report directly to the Country Director
- Program Management
- People Management
- Program Quality and Program Development.
- Monitoring and Evaluation for impact measures and knowledge management, reflective practice and forward learning
- External Relationship and Partnerships
- Promote Gender Equality and Protection against Sexual Harrassement, exploitation and abuse (PSHEA)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
At least Master’s Degree in relevant field such as international development, management, social science
- Ten (10) years successful experience in a similar position with INGOs.
- Seven (7) years in senior management and leadership position in a country office setting
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Strong leadership , interpersonal and representational skills and very good negotiation skills
- Proven success in program development and fundraising;
- Sound experience in program support systems
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills in a very complex political setting; extensive conceptual skills including strategic analysis and understanding of development and relief program design and evaluation, and active engagement in operationalizing a right based approach
- Experience in managing insitutional partnerships with national and international NGOs and donors.
- Experience with design and implementation of partnership and/or organizational development strategies and organizational strengthening with partner organizations.
- Ability and interest to coach and develop staff.
- Experience in programming relevant to CARE Tanzania’s strategy, such land rights, climate action, agriculture market systems, financial inclusion and economic empowerment with a focus on women and girls.
- Excellent program development experience and demonstarted expereince with a range of international donors.
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Fluency in Kiswahili
- Financial and organizational development skills;
Only a letter of application and updated CV including names of at least 3 reputable referees from previous jobs (preferable line Managers) with reliable contacts should be sent by email to Human Resources Department TZAHumanResourcesDepartment@care.org by CoB, 5th March 2020 at 1700hrs. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Qualified Female candidates are stronglyencouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and vulnerable adults from abuse.
Go to our Homepage To Get Relevant Information.