Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by an Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 amended by Parliament of Tanzania in September 2019. TRCS was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963.
National Societies are recognized by the host Governments as auxiliary to the public authorities in the humanitarian field, meaning that they supplement or support the public authorities in this area. As such, they are equipped to partner with the Governments in the fulfillment of national humanitarian responsibilities.
TRCS is the largest and most dependable local partner in delivering humanitarian services in United Republic of Tanzania. TRCS has an active network in all regions in Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Most importantly and because of its credibility, Tanzania Red Cross Society receives supports from a broad range of partners including the International Federation Red Cross and Red Crescent (IFRC), the International Committee of Red Cross (ICRC), the American Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red CrossFlanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the China Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Partners from UN Agencies are UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP and UNFPA; and other partners are the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM, JHPIEGOand PACT Tanzania.
If you think you meet competencies, qualified, ambitious, efficient, energetic and ready for the challenge, please apply for the following openings at Tanzania Red Cross Society.
Current existing staff and volunteers of Tanzania Red Cross Society are encouraging to apply.
Duties applicable to all staff:
- Work towards the achievement of the Tanzania Red Cross goals in Tanzania, through effective managerial and lateral relations and teamwork.
- Ensure understanding of roles, responsibilities, lateral relationships and accountabilities.
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the supervisor/ line manager.
- Share and act in accordance with the Red Cross/Red Crescent fundamental principles and humanitarian values.
Position : PROGRAM HEALTH MANAGER
Reporting to : Reports to the Director of Health Services.
Qualifications : Medical Doctor (MD), with a Public Health experience. Possession
of an MPH degree is of added advantage.
The individual will support and work with the TRCS health director to oversee the comprehensive refugee health services.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Conduct monthly supportive supervision that involves
- Sampled verification of medications in drug storage facilities which include Ngaraganza main drug warehouse, 9 health facilities of Nyarugusu refugee camp and 2 health facilities of Mtendeli camp.
- Quality assurance (QA) and quality improvement (QI) of curative and reproductive health interventions in 9 health facilities of Nyarugusu and 2 health facilities of Mtendeli refugee camps
- QA and QI of preventive and promotive health interventions in the refugee communities of Nyarugusu and Mtendeli camps
- Ensure that all the capacity building of TRCS health care and incentive workers is based on evidence-based learning approaches, quality facilitation and done in a cost-effective manner.
- Support the TRCS health coordinators and reproductive health managers support facility and community-based health care provision consistently per MOHCDGEC, SPHERE and UNHCR standards.
- Ensure that all health-related expenditures are in line with approved donor and TRCS budget lines and project documents.
- Participate in all UNHCR, WHO, UNICEF, UNFPA, WFP and Ministry of Health planning sessions and meetings in Dar es Salaam and Dodoma to ensure the best interests of refugees are appropriately addressed.
- Timely aggregate and prepare all monthly, quarterly and annual project reports, for submission to the MOHCDGEC, TRCS, UNHCR, relevant donors and partners.
- Analyze and share key findings from monthly, quarterly and annual reports, to ensure that deviations from indicator targets are addressed in a timely manner.
Mode of Application:
Interested candidates with the required qualifications and experience are advised to submit their application letters to the address mentioned below; together with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating names and contacts of at least three referees; certified copies of academic certificates; Birth Certificate or National ID or Passport (Provide only one document) and other relevant awards.
Applications may be submitted directly by hand delivery to either TRCS Headquarter – Dar es Salaam Office; TRCS Kigoma Office; TRCS Ngaraganza Office – Kasulu District; TRCS Makere Office – Kasulu District, TRCS Kibondo – RFL Office and TRCS Mtendeli Office – Kakonko District.
No applications will be received/considered through email or any other form of online submission.
Only short listed candidates meeting the minimum set criteria will be invited for interview. If you do not hear from us within two weeks after the application deadline you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) does not CHARGE A FEE at any stage of the recruitment process.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to TRCS – HR Department through Organizational Official Email: [email protected].
The Secretary General,
Tanzania Red Cross Society,
Mwai Kibaki Road, Mikocheni B, Plot No. 53, Block ‘C’,
P.O Box 1133,
DAR ES SALAAM
Tanzania Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
The deadline for submission is 24thJanuary 2020 by 16.00 Hrs.
- Total Jobs 105 Jobs
- Location Arusha