SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care and protection organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit a suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions;
Job Title : Program Officer- Alternative Care
Duty station : SOS Children’s Village Dar es Salaam
Reporting to : Alternative Care Coordinator (CAQAC)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Program Officer (Alternative Care) is responsible for planning, developing and implementing quality alternative care programing for children and young people, and appropriate community mobilization in professional and timely manner.
- Project officers work in teams with project coordinator, programme manager and administrator to support and coordinate project activities.
- The project officer will provide case management and supportive services to children/youth and their biological families, and communities.
- Support partners to manage all aspects of the project cycle including planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Ensures the empowerment of families in child care and protection.
- Develop and implement Project’s work plans on annual/biannual /quarterly basis.
- Conducts regular field visits to maintain appropriate implementation of project activities.
- Ensure all project documentation and reports produced on time.
- Support in designing training manual and guides on different options of alternative care implemented by SOS Children’s Village Program Dar es Salaam.
- Support the Alternative Care Coordinator to implement recommendation from audits, monitoring reports, and investigations are implemented.
- Support the Alternative Care Coordinator to identify and meet training needs of Caregivers, and project partners.
- Participate in development of Strategic Plan and Annual Plans to guarantee compliance with government policies and strategies on alternative care, and most vulnerable children.
- Support to establishes and maintains a collaborative relationship with the Department of Social Welfare and Community Development
- Plan and implement community sensitization programmes on foster care parenting, protection of children in alternative care arrangements
- Support the Alternative Care Coordinator to orient and train local government leaders, community leaders, faith based organization leaders and CBOs in SOS Children’s Villages Programme locations on alternative care for children in need.
- Recognizes that child protection is everyone business, having the obligation to protect the children as per Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy.
- Conducts in a way that safeguards children and youth from all forms of discrimination, abuse, mistreatment and neglect.
- Strongly support our values and our vision that “every child grows in a family, with love respect and security”, and She will promote children’s development.
- Supposed to submit Monthly progress report and other reports as per directives received from the Direct supervisor.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor Degree in relevant field from a recognized University (Social Work, Sociology, Community Development, Development Studies, Rural Development)
- At least 3 years’ experience in implementing programs with most vulnerable children.
- Sound understanding of child rights, child development, family and community development, rights based programming and management of CBOs.
- Good understanding of project budgets, forecast, and reports.
- Knowledge of database management and good command over MS Office.
- Good communication skills (both oral and written).
- Proficient in both verbal and written English.
- Problem solving and analytical
How to apply:
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter by email enclosed by only detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees.The candidate MUST clearly indicate the title of position applied for. Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic and professional certificates. This advert can be obtained on our website http://www.sos-childrensvillagestanzania.or.tz.
To apply please send to:
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
The deadline for submitting the application is 19 June 2022.