Reports to: Sr. Program Manager
Start Date: January/February 2023
Who we are
D-tree International is a global digital health organization dedicated to ensuring that everyone has access to high-quality primary healthcare in underserved areas. We do this by working with governments to design, build and deploy digital tools for frontline health workers that improve their ability to deliver high-quality, evidence-based care. D-tree engages with governments to develop a shared vision for the potential of digital health, demonstrates the effectiveness of digital systems to improve health outcomes, and accompanies governments to scale these digital systems nationally and institutionalize them within their broader health systems.
Since 2011, D-tree has partnered with the Zanzibar Ministry of Health to implement an innovative digital health program, Jamii ni Afya (“Community is health”) supporting Community Health Volunteers to provide health services within their communities. This program has consistently demonstrated improved health outcomes, a strengthened community health system, and increased use of data for decision-making. Over time, Jamii ni Afya has grown from a pilot to a national program and has demonstrated how digital technology can transform the quality of a health system. The Zanzibar government has committed to adopt Jamii ni Afya at national scale; integrating digitally-enabled Community Health Volunteers into their formal Community Health Strategy. This represents the world’s first nationally scaled digital community health program, bringing high quality health services to the doorsteps of all of Zanzibar. The digital health program reached full scale in August 2021, allowing D-tree to focus on program sustainability, quality and impact.
What you will do
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordination & Implementation
- Support preparation, logistics and implementation of meetings and training with government and other stakeholders (including implementing partners, CHVs, facility health workers and supervisors).
- Conduct field follow-up activities as needed to support Jamii ni Afya transition and Cross cutting program implementation.
- Provide coordination and technical guidance of community health activities being planned by cross cutting community health partners in Zanzibar ensuring cohesion and avoiding duplication of efforts.
- Regularly review Jamii ni Afya dashboards to understand trends and health impacts; use data to identify areas for improvement and propose strategies to improve system and program performance.
- Critically contribute to quarterly activity plans and budgets preparation for cross cutting program implementation.
- Support the Management Team during program design and proposal exploration specifically in areas related to health system strengthening and reinforcing community-facility linkages.
- Support the Management Team in collecting information on health facility management and service delivery
Communication and Presentation
- Lead the preparation of monthly reports and share these with the Program Manager for Review 3 days before the start of the next month.
- Maintain a working relationship with the Afya Yangu Team, regularly attending program meetings, participating in discussion and providing updates as needed.
- In collaboration with D-tree’s Communications Manager, generate content for external communications aligned with D-tree’s communications strategy
The following attributes are a general overview, but we will consider individuals who do not meet all of the details below if you have the right skillset and attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. public health, global development, or clinical medicine) OR Advanced
- Diploma with at least 3 years’ experience in public health programs
- Experience in Public Health, Health Administration, Clinical Medicine, Health Sciences, Community
- Development, Social Work, Digital Health, Working with Government a plus
- Strong coordination, communication, inter-personal and critical thinking skills
- Strong ability to understand and use data to inform decision making
- Good analytical skills; ability to think logically and rationally about problems and solution oriented
- Must be able to collaborate effectively with a team but should be self-motivated and be able to work independently
- Must show attention to detail and produce high quality written work.
- Proven computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Fluent in Swahili and good written and spoken English
- Tanzania national required
26,000,000 TZS to 35,333,333 TZS gross annual salary inclusive of all cash compensation.
Note: Starting salaries typically fall in the lower half of the salary range; however, they are ultimately determined by the scope of the position, the candidate’s relevant experience, and internal equity.
To apply for this role please fill in THE GOOGLE FORMS HERE . Only applicants who respond to all questions and include their CV as well as a thoughtful, tailored cover letter will be considered. Please note that by applying to this position, you consent to your name being checked against a terrorist watch list prior to an offer of employment.
This position is open to Tanzanian nationals only
- Total Jobs 19 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam