The Centre for Counseling, Nutrition, and Health Care (COUNSENUTH) is a Tanzanian non-profit, non-governmental organization working to scale up nutrition work in Tanzania. The mission of COUNSENUTH is to improve quality of life for vulnerable groups through cost-effective, evidence-based, locally appropriate nutrition Interventions. COUNSENUTH achieves this mission by building a multi-sectoral advocacy movement for better nutrition governance through active engagement with citizens, policy makers, and government authorities at all levels.
COUNSENUTH is inviting applications to fill THREE positions of Program Officers-Nutrition, which will be based in Mbeya region. Applicants should be capable of working with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds. The incumbent must rave very good interpersonal skills, highly motivated, creative, team player with high degree of integrity and must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and Enqlish.
These positions will report to the Program Manager for Project Implementation and will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the nutrition component as well as integration of other components addressed by the program in a selected district.
Qualifications and Experience
The applicant must:
• Hold a Master’s degree in Nutrition, Public Health, Community Development or any other related field
• Hold a Bachelor degree in Nutrition if Masters degree is not in Nutrition
• Have at least 3 years working experience in nutrition or related project/program.
• Have experience in community engagement/mobilization and capacity building process.
• Have experience of working with Government institutions, civil society organizations and community partners.
Scope of work and Responsibilities
• Work with Program Manager, Supervisor and other team members in coordinating and facilitating implementation of program activities .
• Work closely with the Local Government Authority, including the District Executive Director, the District Medical Officer, the Regional f District Nutrition Officer in planning and implementing nutrition activities in the district.
• Provide technical support to the District Nutrition Officer, the District technical team and Care Providers implementing the program.
• Work with Council Multi-sectoral Nutrition Steering Committees to support scaling up of nutrition in the’ respective Councils
• Assist incapacity building, provision of technical support through mentoring and coaching,
• Follow up closely and timely implementation of activities under the program as scheduled in the plan of action
• Prepare and timely submission of activity, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
• To undertake any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Mode of application:
Interested applicants should send their written applications, up to date curriculum vitae with three professional references, certified copies of academic certificates not later than 5th November 2017 to:
The Executive Director,
The Centre for Counselling, Nutrition and Health care (COUNSENUTH), Plot No. 22 Sam Nujoma Rd Mikocheni 13. P.O. Box 8218, Dares Salaam, Tanzania; E-mail: [email protected] counsenuth-tz.org
All application should be sent via EMAIL only.
Please indicate the position title on the subject line of your email. Only short-listed candidates will t>e contacted.