Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Access to Justice for Women Programme Analyst UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Provide technical support for the implementation of the Access to Justice for Women programme activities;
- Maintain relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the programme;
- Review and coordinate the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Coordinate regular monitoring of implementing partner activities;
- Compile and analyse project reports and synthesize quarterly, six monthly and annual reports for the women’s access to justice programme, with timely delivery;
- Support the Access to Justice for Women Analyst to prepare narrative and financial donor reports;
- Participate in strategic dialogue and events relating to women’s access to justice
- Support effective knowledge management of internal and external evidence, data and knowledge products relevant to UN Women’s work on access to justice, including collating examples of global good practice.
- Ensure the voices of young people (particularly young women) are effectively incorporated into all programme activities.
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent Education – Additional Comments:
Social Sciences/Law/Development studies etc.
Required experience: 12 Months Experience remark:
- Experience in development projects including in designing, monitoring and reporting of development projects in the field of gender and human rights of women, specifically women’s access to justice, global legal frameworks on gender or the SDGs;
- Knowledge of the interface between civil, criminal, informal and quasi justice will be a strong advantage;
- Relevant working experience of working in another developing country context is an advantage.
- Experience in inter-agency or inter organization collaboration an asset;
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Kiswahili(Mandatory), Level – Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Gender equality and the advancement of women Driving license: No Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 24 February 2020