Under the direct supervision of the Pillar Head, UNDP Tanzania Inclusive Economic Growth and Sustainable Livelihood, and in close coordination with the Pillar, the NUN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Support the Pillar Head in identifying, developing and implementing new, innovative concepts around inclusive growth and social development that benefit youth and women;
- Support the Pillar and UNDP Tanzania in developing and implementing its strategy and interventions on fostering and mainstreaming triple win policies in Tanzania, integrating the economic, social and environmental dimensions. A clear focus shall be on employment creation for youth and women;
- Support the Pillar in the development and implementation of its interventions around employment creation for Women and Youth both at the policy level and though concrete interventions;
- Support the Pillar in identifying, developing and piloting a new, innovative pilot around ‘goods and services for the poor’, for example an innovation products or services in the area of Trade, Investment and agriculture;
- Support the Pillar and UNDP Tanzania in developing a participatory approach ensuring that poor and vulnerable beneficiaries of targeted government programs county levels are part of the decision- making processes;
- Support the Pillar head in developing strategic documents, including a partnership and communications strategy for the pillar.
- Support the Pillar head in tracking, document and communicate success stories for the projects implemented under the IG pillar through communication channel – social media accounts i.e. twitter, Facebook etc
- Support the Pillar on creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development of partnerships with the UN Agencies, IFI’s, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector, civil society in the specific thematic areas based on strategic goals of UNDP, country needs and donors’ priorities.
- Analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for initiation of new projects, active contribution to the overall office effort in resource mobilization
- Support Pillar on identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues. Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to programme country policy goals.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant professional experience in economic/private sector development in a governmental, multilateral, civil society organization or in the private sector;
- Good understanding of and first experience with Inclusive Market Development
- Value chains and value addition
- Goods and services for the poor
- Small Enterprise Promotion
The following would be strong assets:
- Experience in market development for the poor, in particular youth and women
- Experience in policy interventions in the area of inclusive growth
- Experience in the area of green growth
- Experience in public private cooperation
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Very strong communication skills
- Team Player
- Thrilled by innovation
- Ability to communicate and work effectively and in close coordination with many individuals, groups and divisions to complete tasks.
- Fluency in English and Swahili
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 13 May 2020