- Develop and implement targeted programmes and investment projects identified from the investment guides in collaboration with the people centered investment facility team and other partners;
- Design and implement collaborative project partnerships on trade and investment promotion with private sector and other institutions such as the UNCDF, WB and AFDB;
- Support IG Pillar in implementing their programmes on trade and investment promotions;
- Contribute to the Pillar knowledge base on investment facilitation, best practices and new developments in the area;
- Mobilize resources from traditional and non-traditional partners for technical assistance activities to support translation of Investment opportunities to investment projects;
- Support the Pillar head in tracking, document and communicate success stories for the projects implemented under the IG pillar through communication channel – social media accounts i.e. twitter, facebook etc
- Support the Pillar on creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development of partnerships with the UN Agencies, IFI’s, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector, civil society in the specific thematic areas based on strategic goals of UNDP, country needs and donors’ priorities.
- Analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for initiation of new projects, active contribution to the overall office effort in resource mobilization
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant professional experience in progressive experience in investment facilitation;
- Good understanding of and first experience with trade/ investment treaties and cross-border investment facilitation;
- Value chains and value addition
- Goods and services for the poor
- Small Enterprise Promotion
The following would be strong assets:
- Experience in market development for the poor, in particular youth and women
- Experience in policy interventions in the area of inclusive growth
- Experience in the area of green growth
- Experience in public private cooperation
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Very strong communication skills
- Team Player
- Thrilled by innovation
- Ability to communicate and work effectively and in close coordination with many individuals, groups and divisions to complete tasks.
- Fluency in English and Swahili
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 13 May 2020