CBM is an international Christian development organization committed to improving people’s quality of life with disabilities in the world. CBM addresses disability as a cause and consequence of poverty and works in partnership to create an inclusive society for all. For more information, visit our website at www.cbm.org
CBM seeks to recruit a Programme Operations Officer who will support the Programme department on operations and financial management for CBM partners and the country office. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the job holder is expected to manage partner project budgets, monitor expenditure and budget implementation rates, and build partners’ capacity on financial management and quality reporting and participate in the fundraising activities.
A. Main Activities
Programme Development and Fundraising:
- Participate in Programme design generating project ideas and generate quality concepts notes and proposals
- Participate in Partner Budget Application Process – Mentorship/inducting of partners on; budget development and review; compile budget summaries; tracking budget expenditure, Uploading approved budgets into NAVISION; making necessary revisions as may be required; providing budget Notifications to Program Team for sharing with partners;
- Provide partner trainings or capacity building as required including inducting partners on CBM financial contractual obligations, procedures and requirements including reporting templates and statutory requirements;
- Strengthening partner capacity in internal control systems and processes to ensure that financial resources as used by partners comply with CBM financial policies, standards, and procedures, and with specific donor requirements and contracts and provide training/coaching as needed;
- Review and upload final version of reports and relevant project documents on Share point on time as per CBM reporting schedule;
- Critically monitor and analyse partners’ financial reports for compliance against approved budgets; (e.g., PPR, CBM Project Financial Checklists, consolidated reports for consortia partners);
- Maintain status of all PPRs and other FIN reports received, reviewed, and imported in NAV or shared with MAs as per CBM reporting schedule;
- Carry out NAV import and export transactions such as AOR, ROF, partner profiles, and project cards, quarterly PPRs; reports received etc.;
- Review and reconcile partner YECRs with PPR and audit report within given deadlines, including follow up on issues raised in the management letter;
- Perform periodic audits or spot-checks of partner financial management and control systems;
- Enforce partner delivery of timely, complete, and quality financial reports in line with CBM’s requirements, including annual financial statements; verify quality and provide feedback to partners;
- Jointly with programme team conduct partner field visits perform tasks such as inducting partners on CBM finance requirements and procedures, spot checks on finance management, internal controls in place and progress on capacity improvement recommendations;
- Review designated quarterly finance/narrative reports, year-end closing reports paying particular attention to completeness, adherence to CBM format, burn rate within the approved budget, and supporting documentation.
- Support tracking and monitoring of partner’s budget implementation rate (BIR) in relation to funding transfer rate and ensuring partners receive project funds on time;
- Support project partners in addressing audit queries emerging from project audits.
- In liaison with Program Team, prepare partner savings/unspent funds for approval before lapsing, re-allocation, re-designation and/or re-utilization;
- Support in the continuous updates and follow-ups of partners issues identified during field monitoring, partner assessment, compliance visits, and audits;
Financial Support – Office Accounts:
- Support to country office accounts management – (Voucher Management), Petty cash Processing, Travel claim Processing, Online Payments and generation and sharing of monthly budget monitoring reports; in the absence of FO, prepare cash reconciliations for the cash verification exercise
- Carry out regular invoicing, writing of cheques, preparing online payments, and follow-up on all debtors;
- Support in tracking and providing needed reports for partners and the country office budget transfer and implementation rates, on request;
- Respond to partner and staff inquiries, maintain good customer relations and solve problems within scope of work;
- Support budget and operations management ensuring all programme and partner expenditure is within approved and available budget;
- Stay current with all regulations, practices, tax laws, reporting requirements, and industry trends, and advise the same to the line manager.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration and Management, or Project Management;
- Professional qualifications in accounting (CPA-T, ACCA, CIMA) is an added advantage;
- At least 3 year’s work experience in Programme and Operations Management, particularly with international NGOs or international development organization, is preferred;
- Working experience of programme/budget cycle management, procedures, and donor requirements;
- Ability to maintain accounting systems that handle large amounts of information;
- Proven ability to take direction but also to work with minimal direct supervision and manage multiple projects while being a committed team player;
- Effective communication skills in English and Kiswahili, both verbal and written;
- Advanced skills with MS Office particularly Excel, word, PowerPoint
- Familiar with Accounting packages
- An effective team player who is also able to work independently with passion for self-starting, proactive anticipation of team needs, and creative problem solving
- Ability to integrate into a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability and willingness to learn and to pass on information;
- Ability to take the initiative, multi-task, prioritize work and meet deadlines;
- Willingness to adhere and commit to CBM’s Values and Safeguarding Policy.
How to apply
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references, and salary expectations to [email protected]
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages Tanzanian nationals, including persons with disabilities who meet the qualifications, to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please visit our Resources & Publications section at http://www.cbm.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted