Location : Kyela DC -Mbeya(1post)
Duration : Two years Reporting to : Program Manager
Main Duties & Key Responsibilities
The post holder will assume responsibility for project accounting and financial reporting for Sauti Program (100%) through KIWOHEDE in Kyela District Council .Post holder will be accountable to ensure documentation and production of financial management on daily, weekly , monthly and quarterly basis in line with donor requirements with recommendable skills and experience based on USAID fund management .
The project accountant will work closely with the Project Manager, Finance and Administration Officer & Grants officers from Sauti Program. Responsibilities
• Preparation and posting of correcting journals
• Ensure timely submission of financial report by adhering to internal and donor requirements
• Ensure that project expenditures are in line with compliance issues with focus on donor requirements
• Process and record drawdowns
• Ensure financial reconciliation in line with project schedules
• Review retirements from project staff
• Assist FAO to ensure organization Head Office get updates on financial flow
• Review ToRs with regard to budget for project activities
• Ensure procurement planned under the project is undertaken by adhering to principles
• Preparing accounting information for internal and donor requirements
• Work closely with Project manager to ensure preparation of monthly budget for field and office running costs
• Prepare payroll by liaising with Project Manager, FAO and Executive Director
• Prepare consolidated drawdown and cash flow forecast and analyse variance
• Participate in project visit as and when required
• Verification of payments made by staff
• Orient staff on good project funds management in line with donor requirements
• Obtain approvals from the Director and from the donors on all procurements and purchases for the projects and for the organization.
• Undertaking any other duties or assignments as per project requirements
• Bachelor degree in Finance or accounts recognized institution
• Strong in financial recording and keeping systems
• Strong communication skills in English and Kiswahili both oral and written;
• Excellent organizational and computer skills and attention to detail
• Demonstrated skills in negotiation, presentation, analytical and strategic thinking.
• Sensitivity, flexibility, tolerance and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Discretion and ability to handle confidential matters.
• A background of working in the charity or NGO sector and experience of working under USAID funded project will be an added advantage
Whoever think is legible to one among the posts advertised above, should apply by sending his or her application including a letter of motivation, Copies of academic certificates, a full C.V with the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All applications should be sent to [email protected] copy [email protected].Remember to state the job vacancy you are applying for.