Project title: Contribution of Sustainable Fisheries to the Blue Economy of the Eastern Africa, Southern Africa and the Indian
Ocean Region – E€OFISH programme
Job Title: Project Administrative Officer
Job Ref: LVFO/ E€OFISH /HR/2020/01
EAC Salary Grade: G5
Reports to: Programme Coordinator
Duty station: Lake Victoria Fisheries Organization Secretariat Plot 7B/E Bell Avenue, Jinja, Uganda
The Lake Victoria Fisheries Organization (LVFO) is a specialized institution of the East African Community (EAC) whose mandate is to coordinate the management and development of fisheries and aquaculture resources in the EAC region.
Lake Victoria Fisheries Organization (LVFO) has received a grant from the European Union (EU) to implement the -Contribution of Sustainable Fisheries to the Blue
Economy of the Eastern Africa, Southern Africa and the Indian Ocean Region – E€OFISH programme. The overall objective is to enhance equitable economic growth by promoting sustainable fisheries in the East African-South African-Indian Ocean (EASA-IO) region. The specific objective is to support sustainable management and development of fisheries, while addressing climate change resilience and enhancing marine biodiversity. The programme purpose is to support the implementation of fisheries management interventions on Lake Victoria. It is agaist this background that LVFO Secretariat is recruiting a Project Administrative Officer to support implementation of the programme.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Project Administrative Officer is responsible for:
- Providing administrative services for the E€OFISH Programme.
- Ensuring that Project administrative regulations and standard procedures are complied with.
- Providing support and guidance to project partners for efficient implementation of the E€OFISH Programme.
- Providing logistical support (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Ensures that information on project administration is exchanged between project staff, partners and other institutions, as necessary.
- Accompanies the Head of component or other team members to meetings where necessary.
- If needed visits establishments of project partners to provide project guidance on administrative management matters.
- Coordinates Consultant activities together with the Technical advisors / Development advisors.
- Responsible for organising administrative and logistical aspects of project activities (meetings, workshops, travel arrangements, etc.).
- Ensures that project computers, software and printers, and communication equipment function properly.
- Is responsible for filing documents in reference files and in Data management System in line with E€OFISH’s filing rules.
- Monitors the availability of accessories and stocks for project activities and carries out general office management
- Ensures all hard copy and electronic filing is up to date at all times.
- Manages confidential files and maintains and archives records of project contract management and documents of completed transactions.
- Monitors project staff leave days and updates the leave schedule Monitors travel schedules
- Is responsible for initiating project procurement requirements based on the approved budget
- Prepares and submits technical and/or any other forms of specifications to the Procurement Unit for the provision of conferencing services, ticketing services and project purchases
- Liases with the Procurement Unit to establish appropriate bid evaluation criteria and participate in the evaluation of bids as a representative of the User Department
- Responsible for Contract management once a contract is placed; Undertakes conformity assessment of supplied goods, services and works with the contract and reports any deviation from terms of contract to the procurement unit
- Prepare timely periodical reports of the project
- Facilitate preparation of a funds requisition to the donor
6. Other duties/additional tasks
- Performs any other duty as assigned by the immediate supervisors.
- Fluent reading, writing and speaking abilities in English.
QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCES AND EXPERIENCE Qualifications
- A University degree (or academic equivalent) with specialization in Administration or a related field
- at least three (3) years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- Practical knowledge of basic public procurement procedures is an added advantage
- Specific experience in managing programmes/projects with European Union funding within an international or regional organization, national government, or other public or private organization.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (phone, fax, email, internet) and computer applications (MS Office)
- Very good written and oral knowledge of English.
- Politeness and helpfulness in dealing with visitors
- Understanding of administration procedures
Evaluation of qualified candidates will include a competency-based interview and any other assessments deemed necessary.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognised by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective countries. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
Relevant Working Experience
Relevant working experience in this regard refers to post education work experience. Internship, training, apprenticeship and clerkship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The Contract period is for four (4) years, with a six (6) months’ probation, to be confirmed upon satisfactory performance.The above is a non-established position within the LVFO‘s organization structure
An Indicative basic salary of EUR19,836.48 (G5 salary scale equivalent) per annum, plus other related entitlements e.g. a Housing allowance of EUR 4,173.96 (per annum), and a Transport allowance of EUR 2,165.16 (per annum)
In addition, this post offers attractive fringe benefits including an installation allowance of EUR 521.74 paid once, plus gratuity paid monthly, a personal medical Insurance, and personal accident insurance cover.
Eligibility is restricted to qualified candidates from EAC/LVFO Partner States (The Republics of Burundi, Kenya, Uganda and the United Republic of Tanzania).
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above-mentioned positions are advised to send their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, names and contact details of three referees, and a copy of National Identity Card, or Passport.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 31st January 2020 at 17:00hrs local time.
- You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; or have an application letter attached; have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates; or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
- LVFO Staff Rules and Regulations precludes consideration of applicants above fifty-five (55) years of age
- Please note that LVFO does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process.
For more information and job application details, please visit the LVFO website www.lvfo.org under the link ‘‘Opportunities‘‘
The Executive Secretary Lake Victoria Fisheries Organization (LVFO)
Busoga Square Plot No. 7B/E Bell Avenue
P. O. Box 1625, Jinja – Uganda
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +256 434 125000