PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The Center of Digital and Data Excellence (CoDE) at PATH works with government ministries of health, the private sector, and donors to strengthen the use of digital technologies and data for improved health services. Digital Square is one of CoDE’s flagship global initiatives. It is PATH-led and funded by multiple donors, including USAID and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, to advance digitally enabled health services to help close the health equity gap. Conceived from the lessons of the inefficiencies and redundancies of prior investments in digital technologies for international development, Digital Square works with ministries of health to align adaptable, interoperable digital technologies with local health needs and brings partners together to improve how the global community designs, uses, and pays for digital health tools and approaches.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Project Director for its Digital Square team. The Project Director will work closely with the US Agency for International Development (USAID)’s Health System Strengthening team and the Government of Tanzania in providing technical support in digital health systems and platform. The project director will also work with the President’s Malaria Initiative in implementation of their Digital Community Health Initiative (DCHI). The Project Director will be responsible for project leadership and accountability for successful completion of project deliverables, serve as the primary point of contact for the Digital Square, both internally and externally, and ensure effective communication, coordination, and collaboration with project stakeholders. S/he will oversee Tanzania-based Digital Square project staff. S/he will provide technical oversight and advice. S/he will ensure compliance with organizational protocols, applicable government regulations, and organizational policies,
Project leadership, accountability, and strategy:
- Provide project leadership and accountability for successful completion of project deliverables, including oversight of activities, sub-agreements, and budget.
- Serve as the primary point of contact in Tanzania for Digital Square, both internally and externally. Ensure effective communication, coordination, and collaboration with project stakeholders.
- Lead regular updates including weekly discussions with donors, Ministry of Health and other implementing partners as needed.
- Work closely with key stakeholders and digital health leadership to help develop Tanzania project strategy and translate that strategy into action plans. Provide overall coordination of activities and their implementation, resolve issues, and communicate project information, including providing technical oversight and advising, as needed.
- Provide technical support in project monitoring and evaluation, ensure reporting and documentation is completed in a timely manner, ensure compliance with partner organization protocols, applicable government regulations, and organizational policies.
- Represent PATH externally to international agencies, collaborators, other nongovernmental organizations, and the donor community as necessary.
- Support the MoH and donors with coordination of key technical activities related to the projects and provide technical advice on digital implementation and data use.
- Coordinate capacity building efforts on digital health for inhouse resources.
- Partner with Africa regional directors of CoDE and DSQ to extend regional capabilities.
Project and team management:
- Oversee all project staff and project secondments on the project. These roles include but are not limited to: Technical Advisors seconded to the government, technical project manager, project officers, and project administrators.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure accountability and compliance with project deliverables and requirements to donors and the MOH.
- Lead Tanzania-based team and manage to develop project annual work plans, overseeing the work of the project team to develop and maintain tracking systems for project implementation.
- Liaise with the MOH and donors on implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting.
- Work with project administrators responsible for financial management of project budgets by leading development and management of the project budget to establish and oversee sub-agreements.
- Assist with other programmatic and administrative duties as required for successful implementation of program activities.
- Work closely with program teams to identify potential digital health and data opportunities and translate that into business development initiatives in partnership with the CoDE/ Digital Square team.
- Support with technical review and input into concepts and proposals on matters of digital health and health informatics
- Ability to build strategic partnerships in the sector, raise PATHs visibility in the digital health space to help the organization better position for opportunities and grow the digital health and data portfolio.
- Support the Country Director in stakeholder engagement as maybe needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, public health, business administration or related field.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in digital health, global health, international development or information technology or related field, with at least 3 years of experience in health information and disease surveillance systems, interoperability and international standards, and open global health information system software.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in managing US Government funded project and programs.
- Demonstrated experience in leading implementation of digital health projects at national scale Demonstrated experience in managing a team, subcontracts, and complex and fast-paced projects. Strong track record of architecting and managing milestone-based projects to achieve strong results within budget and time constraints.
- Experience working with MOH structures and personnel and good knowledge of health systems strengthening, strong programming, management, technical and critical thinking skills to facilitate program implementation.
- Strong analytical skills to be able to achieve project impact in highly dynamic context and ecosystem.
- Excellent communication, presentation and report writing skills. Able to present complex technical information to a non-technical audience, with the ability to provide the appropriate level of detail.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal at a leadership level.
- Team-focused and collegial with the ability to interact with diverse colleagues and facilitate strong working relationships; adept at working closely with others over geographical distance.
- Strong emotional intelligence and able to create a highly collaborative work environment consisting of both technical and subject matter experts. Shares the value of and comfort with open communication, proactive problem-solving, and adaptability.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; diplomacy in communicating with a broad and diverse audience.
- A good understanding of Tanzania digital health landscape and strategy including Tanzania enterprise architecture.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
Must have legal authorization to work in Tanzania
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
Please be advised:
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to [email protected].
- Total Jobs 55 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam