FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking for Project Interns in Dar es salaam for its USAID Tulonge Afya project.
By Addressing Key Social And Cultural Norms And SBCC System Needs, USAID Tulonge Afya Will Identify The Drivers Of Behaviors Directly Tied To Health And Leverage SBCC Approaches To Achieve The Following Results
FHI360 has implemented the USAID Tulonge Afya Project since April 2017. The 5-year project will catalyze opportunities for Tanzanians to improve health status by transforming socio-cultural norms and supporting the adoption of healthier behaviors.
- Result 1: Improved ability of individuals to practice healthy behaviors
- Result 2: Strengthened community support for health behaviors
- Result 3: Improved systems for coordination and implementation of SBCC interventions
Main Function: As part of an initiative to increase professional opportunities in Social and Behavior Change (SBC) and advance career development in SBC, the interns will be assigned work in the three result areas mentioned above in the development of SBCC interventions, community SBC implementation and capacity building initiatives for HIV prevention, malaria, tuberculosis, family planning and reproductive health and maternal and child health, and eventually use the opportunity to learn and acquire practical experience in SBC interventions.
- Coordinate logistics for, actively participate in and record minutes for SBCC meetings, workshops, launches and events
- Assist in the development of communication strategies and multi-channeled SBCC campaigns, including the design and production of mass media, community outreach and interpersonal communication materials
- Work closely with the research team to ensure that campaign messages and materials are pre-tested appropriately and that the results of the pre-test are incorporated into revised materials
- Advance the SBCC team’s agenda to integrate digital media into programming
- Conduct an inventory of partner/stakeholder’s current BCC messaging in USAID Tulonge Afya project areas
- Help to establish a coordinated materials distribution system
- Assist in the training, roll-out and monitoring and evaluation of USAID Tulonge Afya’s community resource kits
- Carry out formative research as needed
- Regularly report on progress through status sheet updates and meetings with the SBCC team
- Other tasks, as requested by the SBCC team
- Bachelor’s degree in a Public health-related field or in social sciences majoring in communication, social and behavior change communication, community development or similar fields or Students pursuing Master’s degree in Public health-related field or in social sciences
- Proven knowledge and skills in digital media applications and social media are an added advantage.
How To Apply
Interested candidates may submit their application Curriculum Vitae/Resume, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) referees to Email: [email protected] : Your application letter should indicate your area of interest (Mass media, Social media and digital platforms, Community development SBC activities, Capacity strengthening or M&E.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic inform