Organization: Doctors with Africa CUAMM Trustees
Project: Test & Treat (T&T) Project in the Regions of Shinyanga and Simiyu
Position: Project Laboratory Technician
This is a temporary position for an experienced laboratory technician with the main goal of assessing the level of the five laboratories of T&T project, identifying the existing gaps and weaknesses and organize on job training for the local laboratory staff.
Reporting to: Treatment Coordinator/Project Manager
- Assess the machines and tools of the five laboratories: identify maintenance’s requirements and need of extra materials/ tools.
- Assess the work of the laboratory staff: level of knowledge, capability of following the standard operation procedures and local guidelines.
- Conduct on job training and supervision of the work in the laboratories
- Support the Treatment Coordinator in ordering required laboratory materials
- Support the Treatment Coordinator in organizing official training addressed to lab staff
Required qualifications and experience
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences (DMLS)
- A minimum of 3-5-year working experience as lab technician
- Experience with local lab machines (haematology, biochemistry, GeneXpert), rapid tests and microscope
- Good communication skillsand experiences in teaching/on job training
- Experience with CTC laboratory is an asset
- Previous experiences with international NGOs are appreciated
Languages: Fluent Swahili and good knowledge of English are required
Duty Station: Shinyanga CUAMM coordination office (Shinyanga MC), with frequent mission to the project health facilities
Type of contract: Temporary (3 months) full time
Deadline for application: Deadline for submission of applications is 26th January 2020
Mode of Applications
All applications should be enclosed with verified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae.
Applicants are required to submit their applications not later than deadline date of this vacancy to the email address below indicating clearly in the mail subject “VACANCY APPLICATION – PROJECT LABORATORY TECHNICIAN”
Test & Treat Project Manager
Doctors with Africa (CUAMM Trustees) Shinyanga office, Tanzania,
e-mail: [email protected]
Applicants also reminded to indicate all contact information necessary with which information can reach them easily.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified, an interview will be held at CUAMM Trustees Office in Shinyanga, no costs will be refunded to applicants.
In case you do not hear from us in three weeks’ time after the closing date consider yourself unsuccessful.