The Africa Academy for Public Health (AAPH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization registered in Tanzania with the mission to address public health priority challenges in sub-Saharan Africa through innovative scientific evidence, training and capacity building and knowledge translation. AAPH in collaboration with the University of Dodoma (UDOM) and Harvard T.H Chan School of Public Health (HSPH) invite suitable candidates to apply for the Study Coordinator position for school adolescents health and nutrition project in Dodoma. The project aims to assess different nutrition related interventions among school adolescents.
Report to: Project Manager
The Project Coordinator will work closely with Principal Investigators based in Dar es Salaam and Dodoma as the key technical person in ensuring that all project activities are implemented on time, by appropriate personnel, and with adequate supervisory support. S/he will serve as a central communication and coordination point between collaborating institutions, study investigators, and stakeholders in the field.
• Provide project administrative, technical and logistical support in the field sites.
• Develop study implementation work plan implementation in conjunction with the study team.
• Actively participate in the implementation of the study in close collaboration with implementing partners at the schools and community levels.
• Monitor processes of the study to detect any quality assurance “red flags”; if any are noted, take the appropriate action to resolve the issue and provide troubleshooting support.
• Adhere to the project standard operating procedures and participate in interim and final analysis of data.
• Participate and provide weekly updates to investigators and the wider study team on the implementation status, data collection, encountered challenges, proposed solutions and seek approval to implement any proposed changes prior to changes being implemented to ensure adherence to research protocol.
• In close collaboration with investigators and the wider study team, prepare and present study updates to all relevant school and health authorities.
• Accept and review all completed study monitoring tools from implementing partners in the field for completeness and quality assurance standards.
• Oversee and support field implementing partners to reconcile and correct any incomplete or illegible forms.
• Manage overall storage and management of all project data and equipment.
• Ensure that all study processes and activities protect the privacy and confidentiality of study participants.
• Assist in the collection of data from study participants, schools, and other governmental institutions.
• Depending on ability level, assist the Investigators with cleaning and analysis of the study data.
• The ideal candidate should have a bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in public health or related field.
• Demonstrated experience with research study management, coordination of field activities, project implementation and overall oversight.
• At least 3 years or more of demonstrated project/research management.
• Knowledge on data management, and project monitoring and evaluation.
• Experience working with NGOs with active research/project focus is an added advantage.
• Good interpersonal and people management skills – a team player and builder.
• Excellent computer skills at minimum with Microsoft Office package including Word, Excel, Power point and Access.
Interested candidates for the above position; should provide letter of application indicating the position applied for, Curriculum Vitae (CV) and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three professional references.
Applications for Project Coordinator position should be submitted to the Human Resource Manager, Africa Academy for Public Health (AAPH) by Friday 28th February 2020. Submissions may be done through physical delivery or through P.O Box 32273, Plot #802 Mwai Kibaki Road, Mikocheni Dar es Salaam or through email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Go to our Homepage To Get Relevant Information.