Ardhi University in Brief
Ardhi University is the only University in Tanzania and Africa which offers integrated training in the entire spectrum of land based disciplines namely Real Estate, Land Administration, Land Surveying Urban and Regional Planning, Architecture, Building Economics, Environmental Science and Housing under one roof complemented by Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Economics and Community Development Programmes. The University envisages to be an internationally recognized, academic centre for integrated, participatory and problem solving approaches in training, research and public service.
Ardhi University secured a 10 years’ research and training project under the Institutional University Cooperation (IUC) that is funded by the Belgian Ministry for Development
Cooperation. In this project titled ‘Establishing a new centre “the African Centre for Sustainable Cities Studies” to build capacity in education, research, innovation and societal outreach in order to foster an Inclusive and Sustainable Built Environment in a rapidly urbanizing city, Dar Es Salaam (SDG 11 in Dar Es Salaam)’, ARU is cooperating with University of Hasselt (UHasselt) and other institutions in Belgium. The project has a total of seven (7) domains/sub-projects, each having a Team Leader. The project has a Local Coordinator who oversees all project activities through the Project Support Unit (PSU) as well as the local (at ARU) and joint (ARU, UHasselt and partner universities) committee meetings.
Ardhi University invites applications from candidates who are interested to work in a thriving University environment and have the requisite skills, qualifications and experience for the position of Project Manager for the IUC Partnership at Ardhi University. The Project Manager is sought to assist the Local Project Coordinator in overseeing the day-to-day administrative and financial project activities. The employment is on full-time basis with 2 years’ contract terms renewable subject to good performance. The project begins with the first phase of 5 years and continues to the second phase of another 5 years if the IUC receives a positive evaluation. The project begins officially on 1st September 2022 with a ‘Phase In’ period that has started on 1st March 2021. The successful candidate is expected to start working at any time from 1st May 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Project Manager
- Coordination of daily activities of the Project Support Unit (PSU) team including:
- financial officer, accountant, clerks, drivers
- administrative support;
- To guarantee adequate managerial, administrative and financial follow-up of the IUC partnership at the level of the local institution, in support of the local IUC coordinator;
- To provide a general technical, methodological and management support to the domain leaders;
- To provide administrative support for the local and Joint steering committee meetings and undertake follow-up and implementation of its decisions;
- To coordinate and facilitate compilation of proposal, planning and reporting documents at the local level;
- To be a secretary of the Local Project Management Committee;
- To prepare and facilitate international mobility for scholars and other participants involved.
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Local IUC Coordinator from time to time.
Qualifications, experience and skills
The Project Manager shall have the following qualifications:
- At least a relevant Master’s Degree from a recognised institution;
- At least three years’ work experience in donor funded projects;
- The candidate is expected to be a person with demonstrated experience of working with donor-funded projects or international organizations/ Non-Governmental Organizations/ research institutions, and has a track record of good performance;
- Knowledge and experience with financial management (managing a complex budget, effective follow-up on internal and external audit requirements, and ensuring proper compliance and reporting);
- Demonstrated management skills in a dynamic local-international setting;
- Adequate leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and oral English skills are a necessary requirement.
A successful candidate will be offered a competitive package as per the IUC partnership rates.
Application Requirements and Deadline
Applicants are required to submit a formal application letter, a two-page motivation statement, a CV and certified academic certificates to the address below not later than 15th April 2021: Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
Deputy Vice Chancellor Academic Affairs,
P.O. Box 35176, Dar es Salaam.