Tanzania Diabetes Association (TDA) a nationally recognized diabetic leader on diabetes policy and practice, a convener of the community movement, a partner to including foundations, government, and an advocate for people at risk of or living with diabetes. We have an impressive track record, but we also have a vision, expertise and solutions to drive national change for people with diabetes in Tanzania.
The Diabetes Compass
Tanzania Diabetes Association has partnered with the Ministry of Health and the World Diabetes Foundation (WDF) in a new program called The Diabetes Compass. The Diabetes Compass aims to strengthen health systems through digital support solutions for health care professions and people living with diabetes and other NCDs in low- and middle-income countries. The Diabetes Compass is being initiated in Tanzania, Malawi and Sri Lanka during this stage of funding.
Therefore, TDA is calling for qualified candidates to apply for the following vacancy:
Position : Project Manager, Diabetes Compass
Reports to : TDA Management/WDF Senior Program Manager
Commitment : Full Time
Location : Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
The success of program implementation is determined by anchoring the program activities with the local partners. This requires strong project and stakeholder management skills to drive the local implementation of the digital health solutions. The PM (Program Manager) will operate in the nexus of local and global stakeholder, as the program has partnered with a group of cutting-edge global partners to conceptualize and release the solution. In addition to these dynamics, the PM will be heavily involved in the process of integrating identified needs into the solution design, and generating implementation plans for the roll-out of the solution.
The job provides an opportunity to be involved in an innovation process with local and global partners. The local partners include TDA, MoH, PoRALG, MUHAS and local technology leads. The global partners include leading digital design bureau, world renowned Diabetes centre of excellence and cutting-edge digital health experts. The role will challenge the PM to be at the centre of a complex project with ambitious goals.
- Establish and execute program implementation plans in collaboration with the team and partners, including setting objectives, performance measurements, standards and results expected.
- Manage local stakeholders and communication, particularly related to Ministry of Health, PoRALG and the Tanzania Diabetes Association.
- Monitor and support the timely and cost-effective implementation of the Diabetes Compass initiative in Tanzania in accordance with WDF’s goals and partner expectations, approved budget and agreed timelines.
- Build and strengthen strategic partnerships through active networking, advocacy, and effective communication.
- Establish and execute program implementation plans in collaboration with the WDF digital health team and local country partners, including setting objectives, performance measurements, standards and results expected.
- Manage product development lifecycles and stakeholder expectations and create an efficient feedback loop between end users and development teams.
- Participate in the implementation and coordination of operational and governance procedures, including strategy development, project planning, communications planning, and change management activities.
- Conduct field visits to monitor project execution, document and align joint expectations and reporting on project progress.
- Dissemination, communication, and presentation of projects results.
Qualifications for Project Manager:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree required in public health, international development, social sciences or other relevant field.
- Relevant experience in program management.
- Relevant experience in product development.
- Relevant experience in digital health or health system strengthening is preferred.
- 3+ years of project management and related experience.
- Experience working with partners, donors, advisors, and policy makers.
- Willingness to travel locally to meet with partners and participants. Some international travel may be required. Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage complex projects from creation to completion, plan and prioritize, and coordinate teams to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail in all work.
- Excellent communication and writing skills and ability to articulate Tanzania Diabetes Association’s mission, project objectives, and resource need.
Competitive salary shall be offered to qualified candidates.
Mode of Application
If interested, please apply by sending a CV, over letter one page maximum and contact details of 3 references in English to [email protected] by Monday the 20th of February, 2023; 1600 hours EAT. Only applications submitted via e-mail shall be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
- Total Jobs 10 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam