The Hanns-Seidel Foundation (HSF) Tanzania is currently recruiting for the full time position of a Project Manager to coordinate its new project “Women Leaders – Power of Change”, funded by the European Union (EU).
The HSF is a German political foundation whose mission is to foster democracy, peace and development. Currently HSF is implementing projects in over 60 countries worldwide. The above mentioned project will take place over a period of three (3) years, i.e. from 2017 – 2019. Its major focus is to contribute to the achievement of Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 5, target 5 in Tanzania: Ensure women’s full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decision-making in political, economic and public life.
The specific objective of the project is to enable women to participate to a greater extent in political processes in preparation of the Local Elections in 2019 and the General Elections in 2020.
This will be done by achieving the following outputs:
• Output 1: The capacities of 200 female aspirants are strengthened in the area of political leadership, ethics, campaigning, networking and equal opportunities in decision-making bodies.
• Output 2: The capacities of the Office of the Registrar of Political Parties (ORPP) to institute, monitor and document policies and laws that increase participation and representation of women in political parties are enhanced.
• Output 3: The knowledge and exchange between organisations active in the field of women are increased.
The envisaged start date of the Project Manager is 1st of January 2018.
• Conduct overall oversight of project implementation in line with EU/HSF rules and regulations and in line with the project proposal
• Work in close collaboration with the project focal persons of partner organisations
• Coordinate between all three partner organisations as well as other stakeholders
• Monitor the project
• Report project updates to the EU, the Project Steering Committee and HSF headquarters in Munich
• Work under minimal supervision in consultation with the Resident Representative of HSF Tanzania and with focal persons in the HSF headquarters / Brussels Office
• Analyse and highlight potential risks for smooth project implementation according to the signed project contracts
• Implement HSF project activities
• Work in close collaboration with the Finance and Operations Manager of the project at HSF Office Tanzania
• Perform other duties as assigned by the HSF Tanzania’s Resident Representative
• Master’s degree in a relevant subject
• At least four (4) years professional experience in project management with development projects after obtaining a Master’s degree. Previous experience with projects funded by the EU will be an asset
• Ability to work in a team
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent knowledge of MS Word, spreadsheet and/or database software
• Demonstrated skills in report writing
• Very good knowledge of written and spoken English and Swahili languages
• Availability for employment until December 2019, potentially even up to March 2020
• Readiness to travel frequently around Tanzania
The monthly gross salary is fixed around five (5) Million TZS. Benefits include a 13th month salary as well as a health insurance package. Duty station will be Dar es Salaam.
Applications should be made by mail and sent to [email protected] with the reference “Project Manager – Women Leaders” in the subject heading.
Please send CV, cover letter as well as three professional references prior to 10th December 2017. Interviews are scheduled to take place from 11th -15th December. No inquiries on process of selection will be addressed. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.