Project Manager (Lead), Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC)
Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) is an ecumenical body established in 1992 by Tanzania Episcopal Conference (TEC) and Christian Council of Tanzania (CCT) to facilitate the provision of social services in Tanzania. CSSC support institutions to deliver quality social services to all the people regardless of color, race and faith; and also promotes expansion of health, education and other social services all over Tanzania.
CSSC is collaborating with Action Medeor (a German medical aid NGO), CSSC and the Pharmacy Council of Tanzania in the recently approved “Multi-Actor Partnership” (MAP) project. MAP is a 3-year project funded by the German Government (BMZ) and the pharmaceutical industry, and is expected to be launched in November 2017. The project aims to sustainably improve the training of pharmaceutical cadres in Tanzania, through a multi-stakeholder partnership involving the government, civil society, the private sector and academia partners. Main interventions include:
The establishment of a sustainable and effective multi-actor partnership
The institutionalization of a new national curriculum for training of lower- to medium pharmaceutical cadres (dispensers, pharmaceutical assistants and pharmaceutical technicians) at all relevant training institutions in Tanzania (including use of the new modular curriculum; development of facilitator and assessment guides; training of tutors / trainers (technical and didactical)) Renovation of facilities of select training institutions (laboratory and library facilities, including equipment)
Applications are sought from highly qualified, well experienced and motivated persons’ for-the following positions to join Christian Social Services Commission. The work station for all the positions will be based in DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania.
- Project Manager (Lead)
The Project Manager will be overall responsible for the MAP project – to ensure that the project is effectively implemented and attains the desired -results (goats and- objectives The PM will initiate, strengthen and , coordinate- the multi-actor partnership – as instrument to spearhead joint-commitment to- and sustainability of the project.
• Represent and lead the MAP project in Tanzania
• Collect, review and document policy information, and provide policy advice (in collaboration with other stakeholders) Formulate strategies to improve pharmaceutical education and support member church health facilities to strengthen their capacities and address issues or challenges related to pharmaceuticals
• Recommend policy guidelines and regulations that can facilitate improvement of pharmaceutical services by Church health facilities
• Maintain active communication, promote and enhance networking and partnerships with local stakeholders (Pharmaceutical Council, NACTE, pharmaceutical schools and universities) in Tanzania and with international partner (particularly action medeor)
• Establish and maintain good relationships with government officials
• Create, maintain and share regular comprehensive project documentation
• Spearhead project planning & budgeting
• Participate in meetings and activities of the Health Department;
• Develop a project monitoring & evaluation system to track/steer project performance and the prudent use of project funds!
• Ensure timely preparations and submission of reports, reviews and audits
• Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
• Supervise and monitor project implementation through scheduled visits to health facilities and/or health training institutions; provide onsite mentorship/coaching where applicable; document best practices and challenges and share feedback on findings.
• Carry out any other task that might be required to achieve project objectives
• Ability to work independently whilst maintaining effective communication with representatives from Action Medeor and local stakeholders in Tanzania.
• Strong analytical mind-set, able to deconstruct large and complex health issues into clear and actionable strategies and initiatives.
• Excellent people skills with the ability to develop and maintain good relationships with high level government officials as well as with other key stakeholders.
• Excellent skills in planning, M&E, budgeting and financial administration.
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook software applications.
• Conversant with health training matters will be an added advantage
Qualified candidates should have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in project management, with proven experience in leadership, negotiation and representative tasks;
- good understanding of Tanzania’s Health Systems; and
- working experience in international projects
A Master’s degree in a relevant field (Business, Project management, Public heath etc.), Technical knowledge in the pharmaceutical field is advantageous but not mandatory.
Anticipated starting date: 20th November 2017
Type of position: Full-time
Contract: Annual, renewable for up to 3 years
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their hardcopies of application letter}enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, three references with, a daytime telephone numbers to:
Christian social services Commission
4 Ali Hassan Mwinyi Rd
P. O. Box 9433
DAR ES SALAAM
The closing date for applications is 5th November 2017.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted