Project Officer (Technical), Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC)
Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) is an ecumenical body established in 1992 by Tanzania Episcopal Conference (TEC) and Christian Council of Tanzania (CCT) to facilitate the provision of social services in Tanzania. CSSC support institutions to deliver quality social services to all the people regardless of color, race and faith; and also promotes expansion of health, education and other social services all over Tanzania.
CSSC is collaborating with Action Medeor (a German medical aid NGO), CSSC and the Pharmacy Council of Tanzania in the recently approved “Multi-Actor Partnership” (MAP) project. MAP is a 3-year project funded by the German Government (BMZ) and the pharmaceutical industry, and is expected to be launched in November 2017. The project aims to sustainably improve the training of pharmaceutical cadres in Tanzania, through a multi-stakeholder partnership involving the government, civil society, the private sector and academia partners. Main interventions include:
The establishment of a sustainable and effective multi-actor partnership
The institutionalization of a new national curriculum for training of lower- to medium pharmaceutical cadres (dispensers, pharmaceutical assistants and pharmaceutical technicians) at all relevant training institutions in Tanzania (including use of the new modular curriculum; development of facilitator and assessment guides; training of tutors / trainers (technical and didactical)) Renovation of facilities of select training institutions (laboratory and library facilities, including equipment)
Applications are sought from highly qualified, well experienced and motivated persons’ for-the following positions to join Christian Social Services Commission. The work station for all the positions will be based in DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania
Project Officer (technical)
The project officer is responsible for coordinating the MAP project technical related activities and ensures that they are timely and effectively delivered within the scope and budget of the project. The project officer will be responsible for capacity building, reviewing and editing pharmaceutical educational material related to the project and compiling technical reports.
• Coordinate capacity building /training activities and training needs assessment.
• Organize and coordinate workshops, trainings and excursions for pharmaceutical personnel
• Promote utilization of continuing education in church based health facilities
• Manage a scholarship scheme for pharmaceutical students
• Review and Edit relevant pharmaceutical educational materials
• Support the project manager (lead) in maintaining active communications
• Support the project manager (Lead) to monitor policy compliance, quality and system trends
• Contribute to identification of areas for project improvement and provide the necessary technical support to project work
• Establish and maintain good relationships with all stakeholders (e.g. pharmaceutical schools, pharmaceutical experts)
• Facilitate the renovation and/or infrastructure works of a pharmaceutical laboratory (tender, contracts -etc.)
• Assist the procurement of laboratory equipment
• Participate to prepare tenders and support financial accounting and bookkeeping related to the project
• Assist project manager (lead) for preparation of reports reviews and audits
• Carry out any other task that might be assigned by the immediate supervisor and or required to achieve project objectives
• Maintaining an effective communication with representatives from Action Medeor and local stakeholders in Tanzania.
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
• Sound written and verbal communication skills in the English language.,
• Candidate must have a very strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook software applications. .
• Technical writing skills
• Ability to travel within rural Tanzania approximately 50 – 60% of the time.
• 2.25% will be spent performing ‘other duties including field report writing, or other assignments from the supervisor.
• The project officer should have experience in the preparation and editing of educational material and good knowledge of the health care sector in Tanzania (public and private).
• Experience with the coordination and facilitation of (inter-) national workshops and trainings desirable.
• Experience in the preparation and editing of materials.
A University degrere in a relevant field (pharmacy, project management, public health, etc.). Technical knowledge in the pharmaceutical field is important. Master’s degree will be an added advantage
Anticipated starting date: 20th November 2017
Type of position: Full-time
Contract: Annual, renewable for up to 3 years
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their hardcopies of application letter}enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, three references with, a daytime telephone numbers to:
Christian social services Commission
4 Ali Hassan Mwinyi Rd
P. O. Box 9433
DAR ES SALAAM
The closing date for applications is 5th November 2017.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.