The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and supporting close to 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to facilitate access to services for those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
Job title: Project operation/ Procurement and Logistics Assistant
Reporting to: Finance and Administration Coordinator
Job grade: Grade 3
Procurement Assistant is responsible for acquision, coordination, facilitation of goods and services logistics, Tax exemptions and refund processing in accordance to donor requirement, reporting, invoice management and purchase requests processing under supervision and guidance from the Procurement and Logistics Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To process purchase requests to purchase orders using the Foundations prequalified vendors in accordance to the foundations procurement policy under the guidance of the P&L Manager and produce orders expedition summary reports on weekly basis.
- To ensure that all office mails are delivered on timely fashion to specified destinations by user department and maintain effective communication, documentation and coordination with user department and the contracted courier company.
- To prepare, coordinate and follow up of all VAT exemption/refund application forms at donor’s office and the government offices on timely manner and ensure proper filling of the granted exemptions is maintained in a sequential manner; and produce a weekly monthly report to FAC & P&L Manager
- To ensure coordination with Administration department regarding maintenance/ repair of office vehicles and ensure the required documentation as per the foundation policy is properly maintained.
- To ensure coordination of invoices management process to finance department by updating the invoice tracker, maintain and update its dispatch book and maintain the P&L copies in files sequentially.
- Provide logistical facilitation to acquire training/workshop venues and other necessary training supplies.
- Ensure payments of all training participants and fully accountability of the payments either done through M-Pesa or any other mechanism
- Ensure correct participants’ perdiem calculation, payment supported by copies of Identity cards and verification of recipients’ phone numbers.
- To execute any other duties as may be assigned by his/ her supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply Management , project management, accounting and/or finance
- At least 3 years work experience in Procurement and supplies position
- Experience working with USAID-funded health projects and their reporting requirements is preferred
- Registered with Procurement and Supplies Professional and Technician Board (PSPTB) not necessary
- Registered Authorized Supplies Officer/Stock Verifier will be preferred
- IT Savvy, including accounting soft ware
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- High Integrity
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team setting and ability to provide suitable leadership
- Flexible to travel
- Prior experience in logistics is an added advantage
- Capable to write and keep office records smoothly
- Understanding of TRA procedures in relation to VAT and other related taxes
HOW TO APPLY
- EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Submissions to be sent to:
Senior Human Resource Manager,
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation,
P.O. BOX 1628,
395 Ursino Park, Mwai Kibaki Road, Morocco.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Or e-mail: [email protected]
Closing date: January 22, 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Total Jobs 49 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam